A good insight to your elo chart

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

damiown

11-13-2012

I am just posting this for the fact I think riot might be lazy. If your system can detect afk's at the end of the game by highlighting their name red do you not think that your elo rating system could have an if statement and if this RED highlight occurs then the people on that team do not lose ELO? It seems like something logically to me. I really frustrated since this new season started i have gotten 1-2 afks 6 games in a row and went from 5-0 to 5-6. I am really sick of this and it is not encouraging me to play this game. Sorry for the spelling errors.

YamatoYim

11-13-2012

That would be abused so hard, so fast.
My team is down 12 minutes in? brb.
Maybe those people could lose elo still.
If not, easy to see a team with that idea in mind.

Dotayy

11-13-2012

HIGHLY Abusable. Do Duo Queue and then take turns AFK/Leaving and tell the rest of the team "hey we are losing, I will leave so you guys dont use ELO so dont report me.

DarthWhore

11-14-2012

actually the thing to do is to make the afk player lose 50 elo and the rest not lose elo.

so the question is : what if it was a emergency??? yes it can be and 50 elo is not a big deal. dont think you will have emergency every few games :P

this way abusing can be minimized. coz really would you leave and lose 50 elo or stay till the end and lose 10-12 elo.

ofcourse you may argue that 4 people can pressure the weak player to quit but they cant force him to press the quit button on his keyboard. also you may say the 4 will report him(for something) in the after game lobby since they all lost elo. but in the tribunal you can clearly see how abusive the 4 reporters were and he wont get banned.