25 minute mark to surrender = more leavers/afks/ragers

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chococlown

Senior Member

10-06-2010

i dont see why ppl surrender just finish the game the tides can turn at any moment the game is never over until they kill nexus dont be a ***** just finish game


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nosef

Senior Member

10-06-2010

I like the idea of a unanimous vote being sufficient to surrender afore 25, but it would probably be exploited left and right with 5 man premades insta-surrendering to get 40 losses/hr worth of IP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meepish

Junior Member

10-06-2010

In my personal opinion, surrendering should work like this. Once either team has at least 10-15 kills, surrender should be available whenever one team has double(maybe triple?) the kills of the other. Think about it. Everyone's had a game where someone fed early on and long before the 25 minute mark, the score is something like 5 to 20. Chances of the team with 5 kills winning that are very slim. They're underfarmed and underleveled compared to the opposing team whom are already able to build expensive items and are much more powerful. So what can you do in that situation? You can't win teamfights and the enemy is pushing over your towers with ease, and there's not much you can do to defend them. It's at this point a lot of people just give up and go and sit at the fountain until surrender is available.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tibot

Senior Member

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagolopolis View Post
i dont see why ppl surrender just finish the game the tides can turn at any moment the game is never over until they kill nexus dont be a ***** just finish game
sometime your etting stomp by a team with almost no push, or those ****s that like to farm kills for 15 minutes with all the inhib turrets down or going to Barron for nexus


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frnak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Thirst View Post
It should at least open up as soon as someone trips the "Leaver" flag.

I'd also like to see stiffer penalties for Leavers, lock 'em out for a hour+ IMO.

How would you deal with disconnects?

Yeah, the game can tell between disconnects/crashes from queue dodge, but think about this:


unplug lan cable.
avoid "leaver" tag.
reconnect when you believe game is over.

Then the real d/c's are locked out because of their ISP or whatever?
I went an entire match trying to reconnect and I barely made it back for the finish. We actually won. Singed was...
...destroying. But anyway.

My point:
Do you hurt those with legitimate connection problems as well or risk people realizing they can just unplug their LAN cable?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frnak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meepish View Post
In my personal opinion, surrendering should work like this. Once either team has at least 10-15 kills, surrender should be available whenever one team has double(maybe triple?) the kills of the other. Think about it. Everyone's had a game where someone fed early on and long before the 25 minute mark, the score is something like 5 to 20. Chances of the team with 5 kills winning that are very slim. They're underfarmed and underleveled compared to the opposing team whom are already able to build expensive items and are much more powerful. So what can you do in that situation? You can't win teamfights and the enemy is pushing over your towers with ease, and there's not much you can do to defend them. It's at this point a lot of people just give up and go and sit at the fountain until surrender is available.
Tower hug, level, farm, try to make them overconfident and towerdive, stun, lulz die.

I've had big turn arounds on my side and the other before from such games.

It was also because many of the characters were poor early-game but strong late-game, so even with feeding the early-strong champs were gimpy later.
etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kexx

Junior Member

10-06-2010

I think we all just greed that it should be toned down to 20 minutes.

chop chop riot, get on it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RogerM

Senior Member

10-06-2010

Yeah I really hate that! And the surrender 'menu' should appear on the top right not just above the frakin' map making you choose between Yes and No and clicking the top spot on the map.

And why there's no Pause and Remake buttons? Maybe a Kick player button?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlindBanshee

Senior Member

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeros Cyrelis View Post
How would you deal with disconnects?

Yeah, the game can tell between disconnects/crashes from queue dodge, but think about this:


unplug lan cable.
avoid "leaver" tag.
reconnect when you believe game is over.

Then the real d/c's are locked out because of their ISP or whatever?
I went an entire match trying to reconnect and I barely made it back for the finish. We actually won. Singed was...
...destroying. But anyway.

My point:
Do you hurt those with legitimate connection problems as well or risk people realizing they can just unplug their LAN cable?
Would it be hard to figure out how long a person was connected? What do you guys think, give IP proportional to the amount of time your were connected? Or maybe don't give IP unless you played for 50% or 60% of the game?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LuckyTofu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2010

Leavers will be leavers. you can't really prevent them by using this. and people can just farm ip this way if they surrender too early


123