25 minute mark to surrender = more leavers/afks/ragers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DanGR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2010

Title.

Why the hell does a team have to wait 25 minutes to concede a match? What a stupid stipulation.

/rage

Etteril

10-06-2010

Somewhere, someone is ALSO raging that surrender exists at all.

I personally realize that Riot is trying to please as many normal players as possible by allowing for a surrender vote for those who don't want an hour long drawn out beat down, but putting a time limit so that every game doesn't end at first blood. Anyone else with me?

DanGR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etteril View Post
Somewhere, someone is ALSO raging that surrender exists at all.

I personally realize that Riot is trying to please as many normal players as possible by allowing for a surrender vote for those who don't want an hour long drawn out beat down, but putting a time limit so that every game doesn't end at first blood. Anyone else with me?
If it's about the casual players whining over not getting to play very long in a match, then why doesn't Riot eliminate the 25 minute marker from 5v5 premades, or make it so you have to have a unanimous vote or something to surrender pre-25 in all other settings? It's a super easy fix.

NSA Datalord

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGR View Post
If it's about the casual players whining over not getting to play very long in a match, then why doesn't Riot eliminate the 25 minute marker from 5v5 premades, or make it so you have to have a unanimous vote or something to surrender pre-25 in all other settings? It's a super easy fix.
Not something that needs to be fixed. Some people just need to grow a pair. I understand that years of "self esteem" oriented education may have left an entire generation stunted in terms of their ability to deal with adversity, but we should be trying to help these people better themselves rather than cater to their unfortunate limitations.

Erinn

10-06-2010

I would like for the surrender button to unlock at the 20 minute mark instead of 25, because it really is possible to be badly losing by then.

Alternatively, you could make it so you couldn't surrender at all until your team had lost at least 1 Inhibitor.

MitsukoSoma

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinn View Post
I would like for the surrender button to unlock at the 20 minute mark instead of 25, because it really is possible to be badly losing by then.

Alternatively, you could make it so you couldn't surrender at all until your team had lost at least 1 Inhibitor.
This, the one inhibitor rule makes the most sense. Games are usually decided once an inhibitor goes down (if it is a one sided face roll)

Shashakiro

10-06-2010

It's to prevent abuse for the sake of IP farming and such.

I think it would be a good idea to reduce surrender time to 20 minutes if you have a leaver, and 15 minutes if you have two leavers (with 15 being the absolute minimum). Other than that, I don't think anything needs changing.

Doc Thirst

10-06-2010

It should at least open up as soon as someone trips the "Leaver" flag.

I'd also like to see stiffer penalties for Leavers, lock 'em out for a hour+ IMO.

Zaelen

10-06-2010

Why is there a 25 minute surrender when we deal with a client that routinely drops players? Forget the intentional leavers/afks..what about just flat out disco? The game is pretty much thrown.

Ewol

10-06-2010

20 mins. It's possible to mess up early and make your entire team suffer for it.