Are you against 1350 prices?

Yes 129 70.49%
No 54 29.51%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot This is what the community thinks about your 1350 prices.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Pillòw

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspect8 View Post
I know right? I know when I work that I like to be paid the same, regardless of how much work I actually do. I have no problem doing a 12 hour work day when I'm only getting paid for an 8 hour work day, because getting extra money for extra work is just greedy.

Five seconds on YouTube will fix that for you.

Guys, it's real simple. If the skin is too expensive for you, don't buy it. If noone buys it, the prices will either drop, or Riot will change their approach to skins. If other people keep buying it, then obviously other people don't have an issue with the price.
Why would I go out of my way to look up a skin for an in-game character, just to spend money on? lol. I have plenty of other real-world toys that require real-world cash just as much.

And this poll is a really good indicator of how people are feeling towards the prices. Quit trying to belittle others for being proactive.

Toshironikko

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pillw View Post
Why would I go out of my way to look up a skin for an in-game character, just to spend money on? lol. I have plenty of other real-world toys that require real-world cash just as much.

And this poll is a really good indicator of how people are feeling towards the prices. Quit trying to belittle others for being proactive.
Well if you have no interest in buying skins at all then this forum post doesnt really apply to you. I for one am very grateful for the ppl that post the skins on youtube because if you only go by the splash art, you're gonna have a bad time.

Ruahi

11-14-2012

i like to buy skins
i have many of them
even multiple on the same champions

but riot has shown us a level of acheivement with skins they are willing to go to for even 975rp skins
however this lulu skin is like an older 975 skin only it is priced at 1350rp
this is unacceptable. sure you could get away with 975 with this skin because we are used to that price for this level of effects
but to put a higher price we are not wrong to expect more from the skin like primal udyr, arcade sona, frost annie, panda teemo, and many others
however riot gives us a quality of 975 skin for the price of 1350 when they have already given us the quality of 1350 skins for 975
this is just simply put messed up
.....however if it comes on sale i will probs buy it (dont hate me for it)

Quenthal

11-14-2012

She's been one of the most popular support picks lately in tournaments and more people are playing her generally. After her MLG showing, it would be kinda silly to not try and capitalize on her popularity. Although, this could have been done with a 10$ skin, but on the other side of the coin, this could have been a legendary at 20$, so meh. For the record though, I wanted to pick it up real bad, but then I seen the price and that want got tossed out the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshironikko View Post
Well if you have no interest in buying skins at all then this forum post doesnt really apply to you. I for one am very grateful for the ppl that post the skins on youtube because if you only go by the splash art, you're gonna have a bad time.
lolking.net has a model viewer that is pretty nice for checking out new, or old skins. Even ones that haven't been released yet.

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

nothing wrong with these prices, you want more, you pay more. Maybe, we they should just up the prices even more since skins are pretty cheap to begin with. That's what I think, some skin you can buy for around 500 Rp, that's nothing, then if it goes on sale, bonus. I think skins should be more expensive anyways.

Xsistence

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioki View Post
Yea I'm confused as to why they can't have a higher standard skins while upholding the same price. Why is changing every little thing automatically = more RP.
Seriously the fact that they are higher quality should only increase the amount of people who buy them, and also there fan base is still growing that should be enough profit

Toshironikko

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quenthal View Post
She's been one of

lolking.net has a model viewer that is pretty nice for checking out new, or old skins. Even ones that haven't been released yet.
does it show spell effects and sound? any new animations that might be added on? thats why i prefer skinspotlights videos - not saying what you suggest is bad - i saw the first version of head mistress fiora on a model viewer and would have prefered them to keep that one but oh well =/

lemonpartyfan0

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnumMaster View Post
At least do a poll if the players actually WANT this extra "work" added to a skin. We are supposed to just throw our money away because you guys worked on something we didnt even want or care about? No thanks.

Skins are extra, If you don't want them, don't pay...

Holy Soldier

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pillw View Post
WTF, who buys skins? It's pretty tough to decide to buy something that you never see in action. What I want Riot to do is give us a "Free Skin Weekend" once a month, where we get to use every skin there is. Or put them on rotation with the free champs, meaning the champs on free rotation have all their skins unlocked, this would allow us to start seeing them all as well as possibly entice people to buy more. It's what I call a " WIN WIN" solution.
Agreed

Jalkan

11-14-2012

mm might as well add extra quotes and whatnot to just make them legendary skins