Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle PROBZ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Big Kitty

11-13-2012

Hey, I've been playing ranked a few games junlge. ( cause that's what i want to main in ) and i've been doing decent but I can't do enough to change the game, like I get my top and mid a kill before level 5 but after that it all goes down hill. Can someone play a game with me or spectate one of my games to see what im doing wrong? I'd greatly appreciate it. <3

Admod

11-13-2012

From what I can tell from jungling, you don't level nearly as fast enough as everyone else and will fall behind. Then again, I play just normal games and just started to play and don't see really any value with jungling whatsoever even though people really like ganking. Seems if you jungle and are ganking, you're leaving a lane less protected than normal and I'm all about laning and leveling quickly than building slowly for an all out 18 level battle 5 vs 5.

Um...after you kill a few people, stay and lane with the person you helped for a little while to level and move on instead of just coming out killing, and then leaving as fast as you can?

Sereg Anfaug

11-13-2012

It's rough jungling when lanes are losing. You can't be everywhere you're needed, and even when you are, it's hard to influence a lane when their lane opponent is far enough ahead, and can be dangerous.

You can be most effective by deciding which lanes to help, and which to let alone - since you can't be everywhere at once, try to find out where you can do the most good for the late game, whether that means shutting down a dangerously ahead opposing lane, or getting one of your carries fed, even if it costs you another lane.

As a jungler, you're also a big participant in the battle for vision control. This means warding as well as counterwarding. If there's a lane with poor map awareness or minimal wards, you might be able to fix it by warding in a key location and watching it yourself, and pinging that lane as necessary. Keep vision on objectives - dragon, baron, enemy buffs, even your own buffs if you're being counter jungled - and you'll be able to react and respond as necessary, occasionally allowing you to create a fight with winning odds for your team, or at least secure an objective. Sometimes, this will mean sacrificing yourself to smite steal a dragon or baron.

Carrying an oracle is also important, especially if your ganks are failing because of your opponents' wards. It can also be dangerous, since you stand to lose 400 gold if you die before you've gotten an equivalent value of usefulness from your elixir. Try to take safe routes, and be able to escape in a hurry if you get caught in a dangerous position(that is, don't be somewhere unsafe without flash and/or other escapes available to you, and bear in mind that your opponents may have flash or other jumps as well).

You also need to be aware of your own value - towerdiving or suicide smiting with an oracle is usually a much worse idea then doing so without one, and even if the trade of you for that opponent or objective would normally be worth it, it probably won't be when it costs another 400 gold.

Above all, try to keep your team chemistry going. Communicate with your lanes when you're able to do so(since alot of your time is spent clearing jungle camps or traveling between lanes, this is usually easier for you to do then for a laner who needs to last hit, or a support who has to harass and protect). Let struggling lanes know you're coming to help them when you can, ask laners to ping known enemy wards, and always type and ping before a gank. You also have more time to watch the minimap then anyone else, so be aware of mias and enemy jungler positions, and ping those as necessary.

Hope this helps.