Zed is Too Underpowered.

12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Proudest Papasan

11-14-2012

Thank you for the post but I seriously have to disagree. I think Zed is way OP and will get nerfed next patch. I think he is capable of bursting down almost any champ (from squishy to offtank) late game with the right build. And also, you guys must be leveling his Q first and that is a mistake. I like building him with lifesteal, ad and some health. Remember he is an assassin and assassins generally work best against squishy champs or champs with low HP. If you're laning with him and expecting to kill the malphite or garen you're laning against, you can, but you must harass first. He has a sick combo that can do so much damage it will surprise your enemies. You must take advantage of his ability to regenerate energy and also proc his slows... his 'e' is on a quick timer and is almost spammable... at later levels it does ALOT of damage very quickly.

Also, don't forget to use your shadow. It is great for escapes and closing the distance and when you sandwich or otherwise surround an enemy you both hit them for the same damage. Maximizing the amount of "duo" hits is key to success especially when using his ulti as it procs based on the amount of damage done during the ulti interval. Also, land both of your skills (q, e) to regain energy so you can keep spamming his e... and that lowers the cooldown of his w (shadow).

When you get the rhythm down it really is a lot of fun.

Mignon

11-14-2012

I agree to an extent. I do think zed is a rehash of talon, a melee assasin type deal. However, zed's ad ratios are terrible on his abilities, with his e only dealing 80% of ad with a low base. Thus, on paper, zed is very underpowered, but realisticly it is the contrary. people often forget that he has a shadow, and his damage output can be quite high. The skill cap on zed is not low and i think more people need to to master him before a judgement can be made. the reason i think that on paper his abilities are weak but ingame they are high is solely because of his shadow mechanic. Also, he doesnt use mana, so i think he is quite balanced.

Arcticfury

11-14-2012

It's too early to tell on Zed, but I played on teams with him, and he did seem a bit underwhelming. I bet they buff him before they buff Sejuani, and he is undoubtedly more viable than her.

Scrammbles

11-14-2012

Zed is not under powered. You are just bad.

Chaunze

11-14-2012

pff, I think his damage output is fine but you guys are missing his real issue...

He's too freaking slow. Like, he's Ashe slow and that's as a melee. He may be a burst champion but sometimes you need to finish them off with a couple of auto attacks and that's hard to do when everyone outruns you. Plus, as stated, his w is a nightmare of a CD to use as a chase mechanic. I think they need to move the slow to him and not his shadow. That would help a lot.

Grimwohl

11-14-2012

Zed is a great concept, but hes too heavily balanced around his shadows. his base damage and skills are too heavily focused on it, even if that is supposed to be his niche. I'd just like to see him be more effective himself, even if that means weaker shadows.

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyHaize View Post
Thank you for the post but I seriously have to disagree. I think Zed is way OP and will get nerfed next patch. I think he is capable of bursting down almost any champ (from squishy to offtank) late game with the right build. And also, you guys must be leveling his Q first and that is a mistake. I like building him with lifesteal, ad and some health. Remember he is an assassin and assassins generally work best against squishy champs or champs with low HP. If you're laning with him and expecting to kill the malphite or garen you're laning against, you can, but you must harass first. He has a sick combo that can do so much damage it will surprise your enemies. You must take advantage of his ability to regenerate energy and also proc his slows... his 'e' is on a quick timer and is almost spammable... at later levels it does ALOT of damage very quickly.

Also, don't forget to use your shadow. It is great for escapes and closing the distance and when you sandwich or otherwise surround an enemy you both hit them for the same damage. Maximizing the amount of "duo" hits is key to success especially when using his ulti as it procs based on the amount of damage done during the ulti interval. Also, land both of your skills (q, e) to regain energy so you can keep spamming his e... and that lowers the cooldown of his w (shadow).

When you get the rhythm down it really is a lot of fun.
lol you have played him exaclty 2 times, both custom games. Those bots are a great tool to judge how OP this champ is eh buddy.

Zulgaines

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
When Elise first came out people said she was usless and most abandoned her.

But the people who stuck with her got her to work and she became an acceptable champion even before her buff.

I think we should learn a lesson from that and wait a little longer before we immediatly condemn Zed as UP.
Elise had utility to work with.

Zed's a weaker Talon with less utility, range, and teamfight presence.

spaceasaurusAIDS

11-14-2012

i dont think zeds shadows can crit. if they could hed be a better champ. its hard to land attacks where you hit them with all of your shadows and when you finally do you do just as much damage if not less damage than what fiora would do on a basic crit attack

Soren Kaleth

11-14-2012

His Q is ok

His W is OK, could use a better CD or minor range but other than that its fine.

His E is ok

His R is holymotherofseriousnessrukiddingmethatcantbeasingl etargetcd! but yes his single target weak R has a 90 sec CD... 90 sec for a weak single target ult... ugh

12345678 ... 10