all things alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

borisrocks

11-13-2012

intro: i'm new-ish, but I've focused on playing one and only one character: Alistar.
he's got a good bit of health and simple to use spells that can work for a variety of strategies, i find him to be not only an easy hero for new players, but also a versatile character for more experienced players. here i will discuss the ways i use him and ask for help finding more info of how to use him better. suggested spells will be underlined and suggested item branches will be bold.

tank: the obvious use of such a high health character that has a defensibly focused final ability. buy items that pump up health and armor and focus on his healing(Triumphant Roar) and stun spell(pulverize) makes him a great way to save the life of a fleeing ally. he's a powerful tank, but i usually don't use this as my first choice.

support(defense): upping his heal spell(Triumphant Roar) and mana keeps your teammates alive and healthy, readying them to take the fight to the enemy. i suggest this for newer players as it is a great way to help the better players without putting yourself in harms way and feeding.

support(offence): pulverize and headbutt are some of my favorite ways to disable an enemy, especially if you have a high damage ally to help end them. this is my favorite way to play because your teammates will love you forever. push and enemy next to a turret and stun him if he tries to move. your ally will probably get the kill, but it's hard to say you suck with an 18 in the assists at the end of the game. items you should focus on are one that decrease cool downs and increase mana and regeneration.

Kato Kii

11-13-2012

welcome to the new player forums

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-14-2012

the more hp you have the more you need to spam heal, but if you want to spam heal more then get health instead of resistances.

i found alistar hard against humans on bot lane, any one got tips for that. utility mastery tree? ap or defense? can't harass with out dieing, or running out of mana spamming heals. is he better in jungle? if so what masteries?

NinjaSoxs

11-14-2012

I love Alistar and play him regularly. If you are going to play Alistar learn his Headbutt/Pulverize combo. This will lock up an enemy for a nice amount of time. When you are in Headbutt range hit your W, then immediately hit Q for Pulverize as seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6gINOFFUCo. When done right you will knock them into the air before they fly too far away from your Headbutt. It is a great 'gap-closer'. Learning when to combo and when it is better not to combo is key for paying Alistar. For example if you headbutt them towards your turret you will want to walk after them and Pulverize rather than combo-ing to keep them in a bad spot as long as possible.

gl hf

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-14-2012

how can you go utility tree with out being squishy as heck? how can you go defensive tree with out getting under leveled?