Ismideus, the Plane Warper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critkeeper

11-13-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1&d=1352857592

SHORT BIO:
Izmideus was a benevolent being of a different name in an age long past, but for reasons remembered only by those he first slaughtered, he is now no longer what he once was. Everything that made up his being has fallen into chaos, his voice, his mind, even his figure. His thoughts are just as jagged and void of definition as the weapon he has used to wreak havoc on mere mortals, his Static. He lacks volume, reason, pity, and he lacks motivation. Perhaps in his broken mind he knows his reasons, and can justify his own actions, but this is unlikely, so random are his actions. He may defend the innocent, only to slaughter them a week later, or simply walk among those who fear him for days without contemplation of their terror, as their weapons pass harmlessly through him, whispering the word "Kayle" hundreds of times in his coarse, static filled voice. Izmideus is a slight against the very fabric of the cosmos, a thing that defies the rules ordained by the divine beings that created the universe and those things within it.

Range 475
He is melee, but he has tremendous range for a melee champion. His blade, Static, will is faint and weightless; moreover, when he strikes a target it doesn't materialize fully until just before he strikes his target, afterwards becoming incorporeal again. This allows him to swing through multiple people and impeding objects in order to strike the desired target.

Health 464 (+89)
Health regen. 7.25 (+0.6)

Attack speed 0.679 (+3%)
Attack damage 54.12 (+2.9)

Armor 18.1 (+3.5)
Magic res. 30 (+1.25)

Mov. speed 310

Izmideus is resourceless

Passive Static Soul:
Izmideus is immune to area of effect damage unless he is the only target champion damaged within that area of effect.

Normal Abilities

Ethereal Jaunt: Cooldown 3 seconds. Range 475. Radius 200.

Blinks to the target spot, slowing the each nearby enemy champion by 0.5% for each 1% of missing health. The slow diminishes over a period of 2 / 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4 seconds.

Removes Static Soul until Ethereal Jaunt comes off cooldown, and the cooldown of Ethereal Jaunt increases by 1 second every time it is used within 2 seconds of coming off cooldown, to a maximum of 9 seconds.

Malevolence: Cooldown 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 seconds.

Passive: +15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 attack damage

Active: For the next 3 seconds you strike twice with every attack.

Broken Mind: Cooldown 20 / 19 / 18 / 17 / 16 seconds.

Izmideus removes any crowd control except suppression and gains a Mark of Broken Mind granting him 150 / 175 / 200 / 225 / 250 magic resist until he suffers magic damage or for 1.5 seconds. Taking magic damage while Broken Mind is active will reduce its cooldown by 1.5 seconds for every 10% of health Izmideus is missing.

Ultimate Ability

Static: Cooldown 60 / 50 / 40 seconds

For 7 / 10 / 13 seconds, attacks deal magic damage and pass through the target and anything near it, dealing 120 % damage in a very wide fan pattern and silencing anyone it passes through for 0.3 seconds. Does not effect structures.

mcspaddin

11-14-2012

Balancing:
Static Soul: even with Jaunt shutting down his passive, this passive is overpowered (completely negating abilities such as amumu's crying, nunu's ult, lux's ult, etc) my suggestion would be that this instead of being immune he takes reduced damage, say 7/9/12% with a max number of activations at 1/3/5 times and stacks of this passive regenerating at 1/25 sec (affected by CDR). This would prevent his passive from negating all damage (and more importantly the status effects caused by aoe abilities) but still give him a decent resistance.

Ethereal Jaunt: with the changes to static soul it would no longer be necessary to completely remove his passive for this dash. instead remove 1 or 2 charges of his passive on use. The only other problem I see with this ability is it's cd as compared to the duration of his slow, I like the idea of increasing his CD with excessive use, but it could be very difficult for players to understand. I suggest simply raising its cooldown to 14/12/10/8/6 sec with no stacking debuff.
Edit: I forgot to place my reasoning for this specific set of CDs Ethereal Jaunt would also be used as an escape during the laning phases, the larger CD up front would negate this as an ability to initiate and escape in the same fight early game.

Malevolence: seems decently balanced, the only major problem I can see with this is the synergy with his ultimate. I suggest removing the passive for the duration of the CD on the active. this would allow for easier farm at early levels without a severely broken push method and a strategic decision on whether a fight can be ended quickly with the active, or if it would be more beneficial to keep the passive for a prolonged fight.

Broken Mind: this should also not remove knock-ups or silences. also, I do not believe the cooldown reduction would be necessary for an ability that would practically negate a fair amount of ultimates.

Static: first I believe it should be on a longer CD, maybe 60 sec at final level (please take into account that up to 40% CDR can be given through items) I suggest 150/120/90. I currently do not see any issues with the duration of the ability or the damage, however the silence in conjunction with Malevolence would shut down all casters for the duration of a teamfight. I suggest that this does an armor or magic resist reduction effect instead. say 1% reduction each hit stacks last for 5 sec, max of 2/4/8 stacks, duration is reset with each successive hit.

I like his kit a lot, it seems like somebody that would know how to use it could do really well. thanks for reading and taking my thoughts into consideration.

Albieant

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcspaddin View Post
Balancing:
Static Soul: even with Jaunt shutting down his passive, this passive is overpowered (completely negating abilities such as amumu's crying, nunu's ult, lux's ult, etc) my suggestion would be that this instead of being immune he takes reduced damage, say 7/9/12% with a max number of activations at 1/3/5 times and stacks of this passive regenerating at 1/25 sec (affected by CDR). This would prevent his passive from negating all damage (and more importantly the status effects caused by aoe abilities) but still give him a decent resistance.

Ethereal Jaunt: with the changes to static soul it would no longer be necessary to completely remove his passive for this dash. instead remove 1 or 2 charges of his passive on use. The only other problem I see with this ability is it's cd as compared to the duration of his slow, I like the idea of increasing his CD with excessive use, but it could be very difficult for players to understand. I suggest simply raising its cooldown to 14/12/10/8/6 sec with no stacking debuff.
Edit: I forgot to place my reasoning for this specific set of CDs Ethereal Jaunt would also be used as an escape during the laning phases, the larger CD up front would negate this as an ability to initiate and escape in the same fight early game.

Malevolence: seems decently balanced, the only major problem I can see with this is the synergy with his ultimate. I suggest removing the passive for the duration of the CD on the active. this would allow for easier farm at early levels without a severely broken push method and a strategic decision on whether a fight can be ended quickly with the active, or if it would be more beneficial to keep the passive for a prolonged fight.

Broken Mind: this should also not remove knock-ups or silences. also, I do not believe the cooldown reduction would be necessary for an ability that would practically negate a fair amount of ultimates.

Static: first I believe it should be on a longer CD, maybe 60 sec at final level (please take into account that up to 40% CDR can be given through items) I suggest 150/120/90. I currently do not see any issues with the duration of the ability or the damage, however the silence in conjunction with Malevolence would shut down all casters for the duration of a teamfight. I suggest that this does an armor or magic resist reduction effect instead. say 1% reduction each hit stacks last for 5 sec, max of 2/4/8 stacks, duration is reset with each successive hit.

I like his kit a lot, it seems like somebody that would know how to use it could do really well. thanks for reading and taking my thoughts into consideration.
i agree with this dude about the passive. that is WAY broken. whats that amumu, team fight u ult!?!?! no thanks. trollololololol!! a morg!! np. ult means nothing. whats that nunu?? stop yelling in my ear and die already!!

i thought his q was broken then realized something...its completely useless.... if they have full hp, u aint doing squat. on the other hand... if they're low hp..... its OP. diminishing returns are good and all, but if someone is say at 20% HP, there is ZERO chance of escaping u, unless they get help or have flash. or use some other random champ mechanic, like deceive(shaco).

his w is broken. if u max atkspd he can get like 15 hits in that 3 sec. thats enuff to rape ANY tank if u have a madreds and some dmg items. maybe make it u hit 3 times instead. or ill even give u 4, so u can get some item procs from it. still alittle op imo.

broken mind is....well broken. why not just make it an ability absorbing shield?? same difference. those numbers for mr are higher than almost every mr item in the game. by DOUBLE at rank ONE. and 250 mr!?!?! thats what tanks that build mr END THE GAME WITH WHEN FULL BUILD IS ACHIEVED.

and after all that we get to the ultimate. guess what? u guessed it BROKEN. thats a seven second AOE STUN. NOTHING WOULD SURVIVE THAT~~

"DING!" yes lvl 6, time to completely dominate existence since i can stun ANYTHING AROUND ME for S E V E N seconds.

oho!!! lvl 3 ult!! THIRTEEN SECONDS!?!?! PENTA ACE PENTA PENTA ACE!! enemy team has forfeit.

so all that bullying aside. i actually REALLY like the idea. but it needs to be changed. also, why not make him a phasing champ since thats kinda his lore.

how about these??
passive ignore unit collision every third consecutive hit on target marks target with static. can stack up to 3 times and lasts 12 sec
q blink to target location and flat rate slow in area of landing in addition to some dmg. think kass. applies static mark
w hits target 3 times applying a static mark
e phases out to recieve reduced dmg for a few sec. in addition atks causes marks to explode dealing extra magic dmg
r instead of fanning dmg, make it chain!! after all. static hops around, its not linear. all targets hit by chain gets a mark of static.
change abilities to something like that but with the same ratios u used for the most part and u got a bomb a$$ dude. if i seem like a ****** sorry. not meaning to be