Twisted Fate: How Useful

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

11-13-2012

Buying a champion and I'm looking at Twisted Fate. (I bought urgot recently, fun...but an "odd duck" himself).

How good is twisted fate as an assassin?

How do you pull of ganks?

Can his Ult teleport really go anywhere, how do you use it?

How much does the character need a rework, or does it just have a learning curve?

CowMeat

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamspitter View Post
Buying a champion and I'm looking at Twisted Fate. (I bought urgot recently, fun...but an "odd duck" himself).

How much does the character need a rework, or does it just have a learning curve?
Twisted Fate is best played as a mage mid.

His ultimate allows him to quickly travel between lanes.

You activate his ultimate once to see enemy champions and a second time thereafter to teleport to a a nearby location.

His main learning curve is the timing on his pick a card ability.

He does not need a rework. He is competitive mid.

TornSpirit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Twisted fate is pretty much known as one of the strongest mid picks in the game.

His laning itself is sub-par, and you probably can't hurt the enemy laner too much, but his ult allows him to teleport from near mid lane to either top or bottom, allowing him to help gank the other lanes stupidly well. Press R to have all enemies on the map lit up on the map, and use the ability again at a certain area to teleport there. The range is roughly 1/3rd - 1/2th of the map radius.

You gank by readying a gold card, ulting, then teleporting behind the enemy. If successful, you'll stun the enemy, and your laners will help to mop up the kill after you use the rest of your burst.

awesomejak

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamspitter View Post

Ok let's see is he a good assassin? Yes he has everything an assassin needs and he is a very good one.
How do I pull off ganks... Always have your stun card ready that way you can stun them and then pull off your Q and let your teammates wail on them.

Well it has a limit (5500) range but that is pretty good about a good half of the map standing from your base but it can go anywhere as in behind enemys and stuff.

Rework... He doesnt need a rework at all... Learning curve uh yeah little bit of a one not huge though, you can build him AD or AP you have to learn how to manage your cards and position yourself correctly. He is a little squishy early but he is still really good.. and you can have endless mana so one less thing to worry about.

How do I know all this? Friend plays him and is super good with him... I play him. and I have seen a lot of gameplay. Hope this helps.

Triysle

11-13-2012

The main thing to learn with TF is the pacing.

TF can easily grab kills in the first few minutes of the game if your counter gets too greedy. Bait them in a little, have your jungler set up a riverbush gank, toss out that yellow card and BAM, easy kill.

However, if you have an average start in your lane, your midgame phase is gonna be slower than most champs. Basically how I play him is if I have a great start, I'll rush Needless and even Deathcap. If I have a normal start, I'll grab a Doran's to keep me stable during midgame. If I have a horrible start, well...I just try to hold out til endgame and grab as much farm as I can.

Also, his Ult. I get WAY more utility from revealing the enemies than I do from the teleport. It's easy to get greedy and go for an "easy" gank, but remember that your enemies will know when you ult (a sight beacon pops up over their heads) and will change tactics accordingly. Early-mid game it's perfectly OK to pop your ult while you're in the base, then let the mana regen quickly while you're teleporting up whichever lane needs you. By level 12 the cooldown is surprisingly quick and by 18, you'll be zippin around the map like no one's business

Source - TF is my main. I'm not very good or anything, not a 30, but I like him.

BruceLeePandaMan

11-13-2012

TF can be played both as an ap (ability power) caster or an adc (attack damage carry). The best way to gank with him is to ready a gold care (to stun the enemy) and then teleport near the enemy champion you wish to gank. Keep in mind you want your teammate close to him as-well. If your teammate is not close by depending on the wellness of that lane you just be walking into damage upon yourself, or even worse killing yourself. I myself find it easier to use the teleport to teleport inside of a bush instead of in the open, this way no lane knows where I am teleporting and each hopefully assume I'm teleporting to a different lane giving me a stronger gank. If you wish to see the true range of his skill look at the mini-map on the right hand corner of your screen, it will have big circle showing you the area you can teleport to if you hover your mouse over his R spell.

Adam P Lanza

11-13-2012

hes pretty good, should probably learn the game on one champion though, it will help a lot!

FaceRoll13

11-14-2012

In the hands of a Master Strategist on a well coordinated team he'd be awesome; jumping in for 2 or 3 on 1's and turning the tide of battles.

In the hands of a Solo Beginning Summoner, he might end up under-levelled and unloved; potentially a cheap kill for the enemy team.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-14-2012

He is a pretty fun legend.

His passive grants atleast a dragon slaying worth of gold per game to his team. For every 500 minions slain your team did, his passive grants 1k gold. Most games your team will slay between 500-1000 minions, so his passive on average would give around 1k-2k gold for your team. That is about 1-2 dragon slayings, which automatically gives your team and edge from that alone.

He has low AP ratios for a mage, but his cooldowns are really low and he has a very useful stun for his team.

A lich bane with a death cap makes his auto attack do more damage and with a lich bane and the fact his blue card can hit turrets, he can push down turrets really fast with his team.

His ult helps him teleport around the map to gank the enemy, or to just have mobility to get where he wants to be. He also could use it as a clairoyance to see the entire enemy team on the map, as a temporary map hack. You press his ult to see the enemies positions, then press it again to use the teleport to a location in range of the teleport ranged. You can not teleport ANY where on the map, there is a range limit. That is why he is usually in mid, so he can be in range of top or bot to teleport to help those lanes.

As twisted fate you help your other lanes snow ball, he is a team oriented mage. All about helping his team. His passive helps his team help twisted fate back.

He is also good at poking or punishing people who want to try to initiate on him. he can stun into wild cards on them.

You will have to be good with playing with unlocked camera.

He can push lanes fast too, which gives him time to roam.

Before his blue card nerf, he basically had infinite mana from his blue card, but after the nerf I don't know how much this harmed him.

he is very squishy and has no health sustain, so health pots are useful on him. also buy some wards if you play him, i was watching a high elo twisted fate streamer and he typically purchased wards and pots if he had a few extra change.

With Twisted fate you need to be good with identifying good gank situations. Keep a close eye on other lanes when your ult is ready to use and not on cooldown try to find an opportune time to screw the enemy over.