How do you like my Caitlyn Build ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xParadox420

Senior Member

11-11-2012

Well, I'm about to be level 30 pretty soon and I have been pretty steady with Caitlyn as My main champ. I love Being ADC as her because of her outrageous range and she is just overall fun for me to play. She Scales extremely well early game and has a great poke with a ulti to ensure any kill that would have otherwise escaped. While People argue that their are better carries then Caitlyn like Ashe, Corki or Ezreal, Graves i think she is just as effective even though she has no stun/slow and her snares are easily avoidable. But I find she has a great kit, and excells at pretty much everything.She is versatile and can dominate any lane if played correctly.Top and bot due to her passive makes farming a breeze, and mid is easy if you know how to lay you're traps.She even excels at jungling due to her passive by using brush to her advantage her jungle time is a breeze. Let me go in depth about how I play caitlyn .

She has the slowest Attack Speed then that of any other ADC, Has no stuns or slows, and no Steroid. Some people think that this handicaps her but i feel she is still a great champion for those who know how to play her .

Lets start off with runes.
so far i have 2x Greater quintessence of alacrity and run 9/9/9/ greater alacrity on glyph/seals/marks. I do this due to her low AS and with the items she will be built with will more then make up for her "handicaps" .
For Masteries I like to go 23/7/o Again going for attack speed and damage plus armor pen. and vampirism for lifesteal.
This Gives her 0.9 AS at level 1 and allows great farm for your lane.
Summoner Spells I like to take are Flash and ghost , Because if your being chased just simply use your e to slow the enemy or get over a wall in the jungle (can also vbe done with flash) and ghost away .
Other spells that are good are ignite for before she gets her ult, and heal.

Early Game

I start off boots 2 health pots and a mana pot (just so i can spam my q and dont have to run to base) or with a dagger for more AS.
Boots are the first thing i Build on caitlyn . I usually go For Berserker's Greaves, but if enemy team has heavy mage or AP or lots of CC i go merc treads simply for survivability.

First you're going to want to build Infinity edge. It will give you that heavy damage and it goes great with you're passive !

Then you want to go for phantom Dancer, for the needed speed and critical combined with passive and infinity edge is a deadly mix.

Next you want to go for blood thirster. People tell me i should buy this early game instead of PD or IE but i see it as pretty pointless because Early game anything can happen and you might lose the stacks. Why have the lifesteal if you dont have the brute force to back it up ?

These are all pretty much Standard on any ADC, but I have broken the Meta For caitlyn and i Believe this build to be for competitive play.

Mid Game

After this I Go for Youmouu's GB.Gives AD, Armorpen, CDR which is great for her insanely long cooldowns, critical, and has an active that gives 40% AS and 20% movement which can be use offensively or when escaping a gank. Overall a Great item on caitlyn if you're skilled playing her.

Another great item is Witt's End or TiaMat. It adds Bonus Magic and Gives you magic resist as it adds some extra damage as well as the AS. Tiamat Is great because her Damage output is so high its like nuking the creeps when farming with your insanely hard splashes.
Late Game

Finally I like to go for Gaurdian angel. Even though People tell me its a "troll pick" it has saved my teams ass PLENTY of times. They kill squishy caitlyn and triple kill my team, then when i revive i Ks only other alive champ and scare enemies to basee or in one case i got a penta. The MR and armor is nice But i really love the revive.

Some of you ask " why no LW?"

I'll explain. With Weapons Expertise and Sunder giving you a nice 16 Amor pen to start off with, The 20 % from Youmouu's give you a total of 36% not nearly enough to make a difference from LW. If there is Then I can tell because of the Bonus Damage from Witts End.

These are her stats with this build at 18
183o HP
14.9 HP regen/5 sec
Mana 985
Attack Speed 2.2
ATK Damage 545
Armor Pen 36 percent
Critical 85 percent
Critical damage 22o percent
armor 202
MR 148
Movement 426
and a whopping grand total of 1.1 k damage per sec.
5.7k/5 sec


People say I "troll" as caitlyn but i fail to see it if i am effictivly playing good and helping the team. I see caitlyn as a fun champion and people need to realize she is not handicapped, but she is a glass cannon, and as such she must not be played aggressivly ( agressive is nice though, Iv'e killed a Khazix and yi at the same time before with this build and then am shut down by someone in jungle barely escaping the last fight leaving me 3o health.) She must be play strategically. She has no stun or slow so you must set up traps strategically and ultimately can seperate the good caitlyns from the bad. You must know how to flash or 9o caliber net through walls in the jungle and place traps in bushes and other common heavy traffic areas. last week i went 31/8/16 which shows this build actually works . But i Like your opinions on this please. I often end up carrying the entire team, since i can clear out enemy in 2-3 shots. any tips or feedback would be appreciated (:

Oh yes and do you think this build would be good for ranked play?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

Senior Member

11-11-2012

if the enemy stacks armour, i would go for a LW immediately after my PD, skipping over BT.

youmu's is a pretty expensive item, and while it gives good stats, i prefer the additional AD and armour pen from LW more. you can't add 20% from youmu's to your 16% from masteries and say you've got 36% which almost equals LW's 40%. what about my LW which has 40%, and i add 16% on top of that for a total of 56%?

that 20% makes a lot of differencce when the enemy is stacking armour hard (i'm talking frozen heart + thormail situations). out of 300 armour, that's 60 armour we're talking about, at least.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xParadox420

Senior Member

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
if the enemy stacks armour, i would go for a LW immediately after my PD, skipping over BT.

youmu's is a pretty expensive item, and while it gives good stats, i prefer the additional AD and armour pen from LW more. you can't add 20% from youmu's to your 16% from masteries and say you've got 36% which almost equals LW's 40%. what about my LW which has 40%, and i add 16% on top of that for a total of 56%?

that 20% makes a lot of differencce when the enemy is stacking armour hard (i'm talking frozen heart + thormail situations). out of 300 armour, that's 60 armour we're talking about, at least.
What im saying it that The youmuu's is also affected by witt's end. it gives bonus magic damage and works great with the armor pen that is already in play. I don't find last whisper to be effective for me simply because my damage output combined with the Youmouu's active and wits end plus lifesteal, it shreds that armor pretty quick. I feel like LW really limits her capabilities. I understand enemies that stack alot of armor, had a rammus full health with the items you just mentiond, i got 2 shots off him then ulti'd leaving him well under 5 % health. he then got scared and run away


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elegencia

Senior Member

11-13-2012

That's an interesting take on Cait there. I'm going to give it a try next time I play her.

Thanks for sharing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bob555

Junior Member

11-13-2012

I like the idea. I have to try it. Thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blueX49er

Junior Member

11-13-2012

seems alright to me. i think that T-mat is fine over Lw but only if the enemy team is increadably squishy and so the splash dmg might be worth it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leninon

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Hello xParadox420

I think your original post is interesting. Good and bad

Good:
1It seems your committed. You also hav a somewhat guide.
So
Maybe you should try to make guides on a website that has dedicated tools/props that help illustrate this. Then just link it at the end or just under the opening text.

2

Quote:
But i Like your opinions on this please.
i like this imo

Bad:
I disaggree with
1
Quote:
but she is a glass cannon
; theres a difference between spamming+nuking vs being feed with decent ratio champ. Lux has a tanky buff so its wierd, cait would be more fragile (tho cait as u mentioned has an escape aid). Ime I never wanted to be touched nor snared as cait...very weird. I'll consider that and think about it more.

2
Quote:
I often end up carrying the entire team,
Try to avoid this and aim for "rallying supporters" to get others somewhat involved (if they're loitering at base).

You really have your stuff together, gw!


Hav fun



Leninion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Directw

Senior Member

11-13-2012

This is how I usually build ADC: AS boot + PD + IE + BC (or LW if the enemy is full of bruisers) + Bloodrazor + GA

I"m not sure who or why people telling you GA is a troll item. I think it is essential for all ADC, unless the enemy is too stupid to focus on tanks instead of ADC. In that case, the game will most likely end at 20 minutes.