Item Preview Its Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA461

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadH4nd View Post
"You can make the utilitarian argument for 'fun' in a lot of ways - but non-serious items, at their core, always come with a negative fun cost for existing strictly by the nature of their non-viability. If not for the person using it, then for your teammates that suffer when you choose to build a joke item." -Xypherous
Wow.
Just... wow.
The only reason Tiamat doesn't work nearly as well is because of Twitch's massive nerf.
Before, Tiamat was absolutely insane on him, and thanks to it, he was an amazing hypercarry.
Now, picking Twitch at all (along with two dozen other champions) is more toxic and "non-serious" (in that you pick him for fun, not to win) than Tiamat could ever be.

I'd like to know what Riot's definition of "viable" is, because I'll probably laugh, and everyone could use a good laugh.
No hostility intended.

Rograden

11-15-2012

did you bring your coat?

Kadiel

11-15-2012

Fiora is Happy!

chanissalvaje

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

Tiamat is currently double regen items + long sword + pickaxe - but we've been pondering whether it should be a Health + AD item rather than a HP Regen + AD item and seeing what would be better.
Please make it that way. HP regen only works with champ who can already stack it with some passive (aka mundo, garen and voli). Health is a much better stat to get, specially on those who can make a real use of the Cleave passive (like riven, olaf, rengar, shyv, renek, etc) and is still usefull on the "regen" champs (since they regen on %, not flat)

chanissalvaje

11-15-2012

Quote:

Tiamat is currently double regen items + long sword + pickaxe - but we've been pondering whether it should be a Health + AD item rather than a HP Regen + AD item and seeing what would be better.
Even when this an improved build path, taking of the mana regen, the HP regen is still a lackluster stat that only works fine stacking it with warmog AND some high base regen in the champ (aka garen, mundo and voli). In the other hand the health is a highly needed stat, specially for those who are going to use this item for good (renek, riven, shyv, lee sin, olaf, etc). Besides there is the fact that the LS provided by Hydra will end healing us much more than the regen itself.

Please, make the new tiamat a Health+Ad item

asianskunk

12-03-2012

My only gripe with this item and the new Tiamat is that the new item should probably be the one named Tiamat and the former named Hydra, since the Tiamat of myth, and most other games it's found in, like Final Fantasy, is a much more epic creature than a hydra.

DC77

12-08-2012

This new item doesnt work properly, no splash damage, and active does not work either please report this to them the fastest possible

Qwerty Nightmare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:

Original Quote:
If Morde kills someone with his Ult and the target has Tiamat, will the Ghost proc it?

Ghosts apply Mordekaiser's on-hit effects and the target's unique passives - So if Mordekaiser has Tiamat, the Ghost will proc it.

I think. It's been a while.
I had few questions, but I answered them all myself while I was writing them, so I want just ask if my speculations are correct. Those questions are mainly because on this community maintained wiki page http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Mordekaiser/Ability_Details is stated the exact opposite, is it wrong then?

1. The Ghost's autoattacks deal magic dmg and recharges Mordekaiser's shield.

2. The Ghost procs Morde's on-hit effects and apply it's innate passive.
3. The Ghost does not proc it's on-hit effects from items and thus cannot heal.

4. The Ghost will not heal Morde or itself even if Morde has lifesteal+spellvamp or the Ghost was Nasus or Morgana, because it's autoattack does not deal physical dmg and spellvamp does not proc from autoattacks or on-hit effects.

5. The Ghost will not use Mordekaiser's buff from Lichbane, because it cannot cast spells and the buff will remain on caster.

6. Ghost's autoattacks will proc Frozen Mallet, not Rylai as it is considered AA, not spell dmg.
Same with Blade of the Ruined King and Liandry's Tornment.

I wanted to use this video regarding to some questions, but I changed them all, so here it is regardless. http://youtu.be/_nFLPDJJT2Y