Item Preview Ė Itís Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-13-2012
6 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Xyph can you hint if you've looked at rageblade?
I tried. I still don't know if it's all that great.

Quote:
How does this work with Crits? Will GP's parley that crits do additional damage to things around the area?
It currently does not work with critical strikes - it only inherits your base attack damage.

Essentially Hydra --> BT is a very powerful combination while Hydra --> IE is far less so.

Quote:
1: Though Riven has a good range w/ ultimate, she's still melee, right?
2: How does it work exactly? Take Nid as example, when I aa in human form and shapeshift + enhance next attack, the enhanced effect is consumed on my flying attack. Is it a similar senario on Tiamat?
1. Riven is still Melee.
2. If you shapeshift, the flying spear will splash right now - as you are currently melee. Yes, this is kind of a weird edge-case that I should probably fix but I mean.. it's the literal functional wording of the mechanic. I'll probably go back and clean this up when I get the chance, thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
While you're answering special cases, how is it going to work for Shyvana's dragon form Q?
Tiamat has an internal proc limiter against different targets of 0.05 seconds - so Shyvana's Dragon form isn't going to Tiamat Proc 6 billion times any more and we might be able to add AoE on-hit abilities now. :P

Dryad Soraka

11-13-2012

more lifesteal, great

Orders Sol

11-13-2012

Hey quick question Xypherous,

Old Black Cleaver used to proc on WW's ulti due to being on-hit, is it possible you guys can make his ulti deal physical damage to still proc the new Black Cleaver?

Ookami1225

11-13-2012

Is the AOE range still the same as the old Tiamat, or has it been changed?

Also, cool changes and it's awesome you're doing this!

Edit: Any word on the cost of it?

Decoylegends

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
But wait! Iím a Ranged Carry type of player. What do I get in order to do AoE damage?

Stay Tuned.

-Xypherous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira et Tolio View Post
Nothing, they get nothing for AoE damage because they don't need it.

MagikShot

11-13-2012

I can't wait for new ap items. All the archangel stuff wasn't enough

Destrucshot

11-13-2012

Xyph, is this item part of the collection to try and make Melee AD carries viable? Are there other items / how many items are there?

yoshiwaan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Well I can see this being a top lane staple for a lot of characters, and I think it will help out a lot of melee carries as well.

I do wonder though, do you worry about giving melee casters another whole 1 point on their AD ratios just from the active? e.g. Riven, Pantheon, Talon (or is this an attempt to keep them relevant late game too).

Can you give us an indication of the range of the splash (and when the diminishing effect kicks in?)

Naokazu

11-13-2012

How ridiculous could Mundo get with this?

PallasAthens

11-13-2012

Silly question, but will Nasus' Q, if he lasts hits a minion(And the cleave 'Last hits' minions around his target), will he still get the points?