Item Preview Its Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-13-2012
24 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
So If I have 10% LS, 5 targets take 1000 total damage (after resistences), will I get 100 Health, or 100 Life then diminishing returns
Right now, we only take half of your lifesteal - but we're still tuning the number. So, if you have 10% LS, and you cleave for 1000 damage, you get 50 Life.

If you attacked someone and got the passive cleave, you get full lifesteal off your main target (as that was a regular autoattack) and than half lifesteal based on how much splash damage you dealt to units around him.

Quote:
Will Shaco's clone apply the Tiamat passive? I ask this, specifically, because Shaco's clone is extremely weird in which on-hit effects it will apply (Ie: MBR's damage is applied, but malady's damage is not.....yet the MR shred is).
We'll need to go back and tune Shaco's clone a bit - Right now, I have no idea, mostly because yeah. Shaco's clone is weird. I'd have to dig around his internals a bit.

Lightvein

11-13-2012

Will a really farmed Nasus Q cleave for a lot when used?

ReluctantFantasy

11-13-2012

Thanks for the post Xypherous, while I have one main question what will you guys do about melee carries

Diablo48

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Tiamat is currently double regen items + long sword + pickaxe - but we've been pondering whether it should be a Health + AD item rather than a HP Regen + AD item and seeing what would be better....
I for one think health would be better than regeneration on Tiamat because currently combining Tiamat with the new Black Cleaver would be wonderful on tanks who could charge in and provide AoE armor shred for their carries, but doing so leaves them vulnerable with two items sitting in their inventory doing very little to keep them alive so getting a bit more HP from Tiamat would be nice. Honestly, given this interplay I would be happy to see the balance of the Hydra shift more towards additional defenses than additional offenses to help melee characters survive to use this combo.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-13-2012
25 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Will a really farmed Nasus Q cleave for a lot when used?
Nope. It's based off your total attack damage - so it'll cleave for a portion of that. The new tiamat doesn't care about what attack applies it, it always cleaves for the same amount.

HolyChalice

11-13-2012

Quote:
If you're in cannon mode, you're ranged. No Tiamat procs for you.

Tiamat is currently double regen items + long sword + pickaxe - but we've been pondering whether it should be a Health + AD item rather than a HP Regen + AD item and seeing what would be better.

Nope - note that their unique passives are both named 'Cleave' - this is part of our new tooltip terminology to basically state that if you have a unique passive named Cleave, you don't benefit from any other unique passives named Cleave.

Although Parley is a ranged spell, Gangplank himself is Melee, so Parley will trigger Tiamat.
Health please the only champs that will probably get this item anyways are the top laners and top laners need to be beefy or else they will do poorly tiamat for that reason in the first place wasn't picked because all you got out it is was a farming tool you'd be better off with sunfire cape

edit: Also it would take some attributes from ionic spark

Hoshiguma Yuugi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Woo, finally a sixth item for Riven instead of tacking on a second Bloodthirster.

Abbx

11-13-2012

So the roundup of this Sheen proc with Tiamat is that Tiamat only splashes and will always only splash based on your total AD. No procs or anything of the sort that boosts an attacks strength without affecting your direct stats will be included in the splash. Is this a good summary?

Lostshard

11-13-2012

Quote:
Yes - but mostly because Kage's has an upgrade that keeps the GP/10 component of it.
Thanks for that semi leak of an item

-------------------------------------
-Lostshard
See a Season 3 item list: [Thread Here]

exe3

11-13-2012

Hmmm not sure if this was answered or explained but we gain lifesteal from Crescent on Hydra but what about Cleave?