Item Preview Its Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Yeah, I see what's going on now. It's not actually using any of the usual damage types. This is no longer true, as I hooked this one up using our standard 'item' damage type, to make it work with things like the new BC.

Also, since the proc doesn't care about any of the damage you're doing, being based off your % TAD - this matters less.
Yeah, makes sense---thanks for sorting this out.

Kamuix56

11-13-2012

Question about the new terminology that governs abilities on items; I've noticed a lot of ROA stacking particularly on Singed. 3 ROA on him makes him really tanky with AP to back him up (getting that many ROAs isn't really that hard to do if you do it right). Will ROA be given this same restriction as the tiamat preventing stacking?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-13-2012
19 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Her twin bite (human) strikes at the same time, but normally counts as two hits. Because these two hits are simultaneous, she would only proc tiamat once. That's a HUGE trap item. You look at that skill and think on-hit... but the most attractive on-hit item so far doesn't work for it. That's a trap if I've ever seen one.
She procs tiamat twice with her twin strike. The limiter is if you hit multiple people at the same time with an on-hit effect.

ploki122

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitykins View Post
You're thinking too much with the "trap" items thing. You think that they are detrimental to nubs and that people fall into these traps. You think that building Ionic Spark on Irelia is "wrong" and that building Tiamat/IE on GP is "wrong" too. You try to make the game fit what you want, and THAT'S what is wrong. Those builds I mentioned earlier might not be optimal, but they're fun. An you took out 2 of the most fun items in season 3. I'm disappointed.
Actually, IS + Irelia was acknowledged as one of the border case where it could be viable... Next, building tiamat was simply wrong no matter what unless you were Twitch/Fiora/Shyv, or basically if you could proc on-hit on more than 1 target at once and then you have to stack them. If you mean the new Tiamat, I think he indirectly said that this on GP is really good, although he'd go BT+Tiamat instead of the critty tank build.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-13-2012
20 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
does this mean that philo and Kages will have different Unique passive names?
Yes - but mostly because Kage's has an upgrade that keeps the GP/10 component of it.

ploki122

11-13-2012

Hmmm... about unique actives/passives, will the GP% share the same unique name? AKA can we still stack Kage with Philo?

EDIT : been ninja'd by both the question and the answer :P

crowsntacos

11-13-2012

I'm going to ask what I think is an obvious question, but just to be sure, here goes.

Tiamat/Hydra and Sheen/Trinity Force/Lich Bane procs are not going to spread to to the 'cleaved' targets, just the primary target for that individual proc, right?

KevinDelMarr

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltCobalt View Post
Xypherous, what was the reasoning behind the decision to give it an upgrade with lifesteal as opposed to something else?
I think he talked about being in the middle of a fight, then activating for 100% of your AD around enemiee, with each individual target resoring Life through the Life steal. So if a 200 AD Garen activates in the middle od a fight, he can get a little extra life to keep fighting. Really helps Casters who don't have easy access to Spel Vamp

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Xyph, could you give us the numbers for the current Tiamat's splash radius and the new Tiamat's splash radius? On the wiki, the estimated radius of Tiamat is a mere 92 units---less than even melee range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Yes - but mostly because Kage's has an upgrade that keeps the GP/10 component of it.
Consider my curiosity pique---support oriented item?

Makuo

11-13-2012

"It's roughly 2x to 2.5x as big - but suffers damage fall-off the farther out you are from the epicenter."

Can I get an exact number? the difference between 2x and 2.5x seems kind of large.