Item Preview – It’s Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrololoZeus

11-13-2012

Xyph, if the range of Hydra bigger than Tiamat?

LastProtagonist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Er...so any confirmation on whether or not Bankplank just became stronger?

Pyrite Illusion

11-13-2012

This sounds like a silly question but can you use the actives for the item multiple time if you have several Tiamats. Can I for example get 3 and then use them one after the other do deal massive amounts of damage to one target.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-13-2012
18 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Xyph, I found the post, it was in a "Why is battlefury good, but Tiamat so bad?" post:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...55199#19855199

It wasn't you that stated it, it was WhattayaBrian.
Yeah, I see what's going on now. It's not actually using any of the usual damage types. This is no longer true, as I hooked this one up using our standard 'item' damage type, to make it work with things like the new BC.

Also, since the proc doesn't care about any of the damage you're doing, being based off your % TAD - this matters less.

Quote:
Xyph, if the range of Hydra bigger than Tiamat?
Nope. It just life steals.

Quote:
This sounds like a silly question but can you use the actives for the item multiple time if you have several Tiamats. Can I for example get 3 and then use them one after the other do deal massive amounts of damage to one target.
Nope - notice that it's a unique active and notice that the unique active is named 'Crescent' - this means that these actives are uniquely shared across both Hydra and Tiamat and that multiple items share the same cooldown.

CobaltCobalt

11-13-2012

Xypherous, what was the reasoning behind the decision to give it an upgrade with lifesteal as opposed to something else?

ExaltedVanguard

11-13-2012

Quote:
Tiamat has an internal proc limiter against different targets of 0.05 seconds - so Shyvana's Dragon form isn't going to Tiamat Proc 6 billion times any more and we might be able to add AoE on-hit abilities now. :P
This seems really unfair to Shyvana! While I agree there should be a limit, it seems like this really turns it into a trap item for her.

Her twin bite (human) strikes at the same time, but normally counts as two hits. Because these two hits are simultaneous, she would only proc tiamat once. That's a HUGE trap item. You look at that skill and think on-hit... but the most attractive on-hit item so far doesn't work for it. That's a trap if I've ever seen one.

In dragon form, there should be a limit so you don't insta-gib people using minions, but there should also be a reward for proper positioning! Perhaps it should always proc on champions, but only proc twice on minions.

So if you hit one champion, you get two procs (you hit twice remember).
If you hit two champions, you get 4 procs.
If you hit two champions and 1 minion, you get 6 procs.
If you hit two champions and 5 minions, you get 6 procs.

Granted, if you somehow hit every champion, you'd do some crazy damage... but I mean come on. They were standing on top of each other when fighting Shyvana who they can easily see has a Tiamat? They were asking for it (and lost that fight anyway with that kind of positioning).

gitykins

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
A: it kind of is their game so they can kind of make it fit what they want...

B: Why is it good to have trap items? Setting aside the fun parts, which they have said they want to make good versions of, what about an item that punishes noobs for being noobs is good?
Because you'll build a Tiamat on Graves once and realize what an idiot you are when someone tells you it's only melee.

I'm basically mostly bitter about Ionic Spark and ***** about it every chance I can.

Warlink523

11-13-2012

Quote:
how will this new item interact with clone/pets such as Yorik ult, Morde ult, or Shaco Clone...or Elise's spiderlings? As in, if the cloned champ has Tiamat/Ravenous, will the clone/pet itself proc its effect with its auto-attacks?
Also, a little cheating here, but looking at LoL wiki's list of on-hit effect related abilities, will this new item interact as imagined with: Master Yi's passive, Fizz's Urchin Strike (Q), and Irelia's ult (especially curious with this one)?
There are more instances, but those have been answered already (WW, GP, Rene, Shyv)
Also, continuing on with abilities that splash already...will it stack with Diana's passive and Nocturne's passive? (Malph's already answered for)
Another thing is how will it interact with Cho's passive spikes, Udyr's phoenix form, Morde's Q, and Voli's thunder claws?
quoting this for good measure hoping it'd be answered. sorry

DaBolink

11-13-2012

does this mean that philo and Kages will have different Unique passive names?

DonQuixoté

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Hm.. Oh I see how that might happen... that's interesting. No, this version of Tiamat applies a percentage of your total attack damage to all targets, so everyone's armor is checked individually.

No Quasi-True damage here. Sorry.
doesnt current tiamat only factor in the armor of the target you were attacking to calculate the splash damage?