Item Preview – It’s Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrPopoGod

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
I'm still a little confused on this.
Let's say I have 3 champions in front of me. If I use my normal Q how many procs do I get? If I use my Dragon Q how many procs do I get?
Based on my understanding, if Shyv Qs in human form she gets two procs on her target. If she Qs in dragon form she gets two procs on what I would assume is her current right click target (though the other champions take the two this from the Q). By contrast, today I would get a total of 6 procs in dragon form spread across all three targets.

LightEcho

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
It has a short internal cooldown of 0.05 seconds on different targets.

Meaning that you cannot trigger Tiamat procs on different enemies more than once every 20 seconds.

You are free to trigger them as quickly as possible on the same target.

It just means that there won't be a cascading ripple effect if you apply on-hits to twenty units clustered.
Wait what now I'm confused try that again
Also will Tiamat proc on wukong q what with giving him 300 range for that one attack?
Tiamat doesn;t apply the effects of auto attack enhancers or on hit effects, correct?

TrololoZeus

11-13-2012

Is the range of the AoE bigger once you update the Tiamat into Hydra?

Sinadin

11-13-2012

I think the Shyvanna/Tiamat confusion really just boils down to how exactly her Q works.

In human form, she makes two quick auto attacks. This works just like Renek's W, and should proc Tiamat twice.
In dragon form, she attacks all enemies in front of her twice. The catch her is that it will not proc on the surrounding enemies more than once (if I read that right). That said, it should still proc twice on her initial target.

I imagine this is in place to prevent something like 12 or more Tiamat procs going off when enemies group up against a Dragon form Shyv.

Edit: Xypherous cleared it up nicely while I was typing. Looks like I got part of it wrong anyways (as it physically can't proc from nearby enemies *at all*).

Warscythes

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViRuSMoFo View Post
How would this work with Cho`Gath?
He himself is melee, and his passive E goes through targets to hit them for physical damage. Would that be opening up the possibility of AD Cho instagibbing in team fights?
Cho's E is magic damage.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

You mentioned Riven being good with the new Tiamat yet isn't the useless lifesteal on the upgrade making it a trap item for her and other AD casters?

Also thank you for hinting at the new AoE damage item for ranged carries. Was about to rant about why you'd make Tiamat a trap item for ranged carries when the original version is only bad due to the joke of a splash range (and that's for everyone, not just ADC).

Not exactly on topic but what's happening with mana regen itemization for ADC's? Tiamat loses its mana regen and is no longer for ADC anyway so atm it looks that if you want to use your abilities manamune is the only option.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-13-2012
14 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Based on my understanding, if Shyv Qs in human form she gets two procs on her target. If she Qs in dragon form she gets two procs on what I would assume is her current right click target (though the other champions take the two this from the Q). By contrast, today I would get a total of 6 procs in dragon form spread across all three targets.
Pretty much this.

Assuming that the champions were in less than 150 range of each other (that is, if they were touching), they would suffer 6 procs. In the new system, they would only suffer 2 - which means it might be possible to make skills that apply on-hit AoE effects so that we can finally have to stop thinking about Tiamat holding us back from doing so.

Quote:
I imagine this is in place to prevent something like 12 or more Tiamat procs going off when enemies group up against a Dragon form Shyv.
Exactly this.

Quote:
You mentioned Riven being good with the new Tiamat yet isn't the useless lifesteal on the upgrade making it a trap item for her and other AD casters?
It's not useless. The Ravenous Hydra active benefits from the lifesteal on the item itself, allowing you to AoE lifesteal with the active Cleave effect.

It might be sub-optimal for pure AD casters - but then you might consider not upgrading the item and simply rushing more attack damage if you don't care about life steal at all. The passive nor the active improves when you upgrade it - so feel free to start on your other items once you have the meat of what you want from Tiamat.

ploki122

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
If you use your normal Q, you get 2 cleaves, as you applied 2 on-hit effects.

If you use your Dragon Q, you get 2 cleaves, as you applied 2 on-hit effects to your primary target, then attacked a different target within 0.05 seconds - which Tiamat says 'wait, no, I'm not firing here. You've cleaved recently before on a different target.'

It's basically just a limiter to make sure that you don't cleave from multiple people at the same time - but you can cleave from the same person multiple times - for these simultaneously on-hit effect cases.
I think the perfect example for this is Fiora... Just tell them that you will proc it on every hits because you hit enemies outside of the .05s boundary.

The Flying Feed

11-13-2012

Quote:
Meaning that you cannot trigger Tiamat procs on different enemies more than once every 20 seconds
Did you by chance mean every 1/20th of a second?
Also, I'm extremely curious about this ranged AoE option :P

DonQuixoté

11-13-2012

does the proc ignore armor of the secondary target like original tiamat?