Item Preview Its Tuesday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
It has a short internal cooldown of 0.05 seconds on different targets.

Meaning that you cannot trigger Tiamat procs on different enemies more than once every 20 seconds.

You are free to trigger them as quickly as possible on the same target.

It just means that there won't be a cascading ripple effect if you apply on-hits to twenty units clustered.
I'm still a little confused on this.
Let's say I have 3 champions in front of me. If I use my normal Q how many procs do I get? If I use my Dragon Q how many procs do I get?

Does this also apply to Nocturne's passive?

TNine27

11-13-2012

Quote:
Meaning that you cannot trigger Tiamat procs on different enemies more than once every 20 seconds.
Uh, Xyph, is this a typo?

Warlink523

11-13-2012

how will this new item interact with clone/pets such as Yorik ult, Morde ult, or Shaco Clone...or Elise's spiderlings? As in, if the cloned champ has Tiamat/Ravenous, will the clone/pet itself proc its effect with its auto-attacks?
Also, a little cheating here, but looking at LoL wiki's list of on-hit effect related abilities, will this new item interact as imagined with: Master Yi's passive, Fizz's Urchin Strike (Q), and Irelia's ult (especially curious with this one)?
There are more instances, but those have been answered already (WW, GP, Rene, Shyv)
Also, continuing on with abilities that splash already...will it stack with Diana's passive and Nocturne's passive? (Malph's already answered for)
Another thing is how will it interact with Cho's passive spikes, Udyr's phoenix form, Morde's Q, and Voli's thunder claws?

Subzerosmokerain

11-13-2012

Quote:
If you use empower on a target, you will cleave once, for 60% of Jax's total attack damage.

No, Tiamat is still an on-hit effect. The new BC is an 'on physical' damage trigger - so there's no overlap here.
What is the item price range for new Tiamat Xypherous? And for Hydra too.

CobaltCobalt

11-13-2012

[QUOTE=TrololoZeus;31382361]SO, does Tiamat and the new BC proc with Jax's W? And if so, does it do the dmg of his W or his basics?[/QUOTE

W is an AA modifier. His next attack is enhanced. it applies BC and Tiamat but the cleave still deals a percentage of TOTAL AD.

It does not take the damage dealt by your attack into the equation, only your total ad.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-13-2012
13 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
I'm still a little confused on this.
Let's say I have 3 champions in front of me. If I use my normal Q how many procs do I get? If I use my Dragon Q how many procs do I get?
If you use your normal Q, you get 2 cleaves, as you applied 2 on-hit effects.

If you use your Dragon Q, you get 2 cleaves, as you applied 2 on-hit effects to your primary target, then attacked a different target within 0.05 seconds - which Tiamat says 'wait, no, I'm not firing here. You've cleaved recently before on a different target.'

It's basically just a limiter to make sure that you don't cleave from multiple people at the same time - but you can cleave from the same person multiple times - for these simultaneously on-hit effect cases.

Roar of Typhon

11-13-2012

Will the passive be applicable on Cho'Gath's void spikes? I know they do magic damage, but do they count as melee?

Also, is this going to be good on Udyr?

TrololoZeus

11-13-2012

Quote:
Are AP's gonna get an AoE damage item?
I play AP Ez and having no way to clear minion waves hurts bad.
Think about LB, she uses full combo on 1 target and kills all the team. I dont think they really need a AoE item.

IonDragonX

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hume View Post
Does it bother anyone else that Tiamat is the tier2 version and Hydra is the tier3 version?

Tiamat stood toe-to-toe with the sky god in her pantheon. Hydra got killed by a half-blood whelp with a club.
I tried to point that out, but got down-voted instantly.

Tiamat should be the Tier 3, IMO.

ViRuSMoFo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-13-2012

How would this work with Cho`Gath?
He himself is melee, and his passive E goes through targets to hit them for physical damage. Would that be opening up the possibility of AD Cho instagibbing in team fights?