Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@People who are like "yeah <newest hero> is my main"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaito

10-06-2010

In league of legends you cannot have a main, main technically means the character that you have that is the highest level (bringing wow logic here) thus your main is technically just your account. But hell if main = favorite why not just say favorite? why use a word that wasn't made for that purpose.

AwwGasm

10-06-2010

Idk I can pretty much play any champ myself with the exception of some weird ones, like Kass or Shac. There are champs I don't touch though, like ashe. She's sooo boring.

Iverna

Recruiter

10-06-2010

Sona is my main.

2 weeks.

Too short?

But no, seriously.

I main Sona, Akali, Morgana and Annie. :3

Doesn't mean I can't play others though.

r431

10-06-2010

Warwick is my main.

And about the topic... It's strange to see people said "I MAIN SWAINZ NOMNOMNOM" whereas it's released 2 days ago.

Chaoticsoranma

10-06-2010

Quote:
chaito:
In league of legends you cannot have a main, main technically means the character that you have that is the highest level (bringing wow logic here) thus your main is technically just your account. But hell if main = favorite why not just say favorite? why use a word that wasn't made for that purpose.

and of course every fighting game player is a ****** because they can't have a main in a fighting game, because they don't have levels.

sound good to me.

KinneyDrae

10-06-2010

"Main" should be a champ you're talented with.

For example: I main Tristana, Mordekaiser, Fiddlesticks, Ryze, and lately I've been working on getting Sivir onto my list of "Main" champions.

(Yes, I know Sivir has severe problems right now. I just want to get good with her to prove to myself that it is possible.)

Iverna

Recruiter

10-06-2010

Quote:
chaoticsoranma:
and of course every fighting game player is a ****** because they can't have a main in a fighting game, because they don't have levels.

Sound good to me.

qft.

Dawgenstien

10-06-2010

I "main" Gragas because he can fill any role, but i can play fine with other champs

p.s. - i'm also gonna main "Lux"

:P

SYMBÖLIC

10-06-2010

+5

bubblyblastoise

10-06-2010

maybe a better way people should be phrasing "main" is just taking some time to see what roles they bring to a team comp

examples: tank vs carry (melee or ranged) vs jungler vs caster vs support/utility. once you break it down by category then hopefully people can identify better what spectrum of champions people can play to create a competent team.

but the general sentiment that i hear from people claiming they have a "main" are based on favorites/current fotm -- which in turn can be damaging to an overall team comp.