@People who are like "yeah <newest hero> is my main"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaito

10-06-2010

In league of legends you cannot have a main, main technically means the character that you have that is the highest level (bringing wow logic here) thus your main is technically just your account. But hell if main = favorite why not just say favorite? why use a word that wasn't made for that purpose.

AwwGasm

10-06-2010

Idk I can pretty much play any champ myself with the exception of some weird ones, like Kass or Shac. There are champs I don't touch though, like ashe. She's sooo boring.

Iverna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2010

Sona is my main.

2 weeks.

Too short?

But no, seriously.

I main Sona, Akali, Morgana and Annie. :3

Doesn't mean I can't play others though.

r431

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2010

Warwick is my main.

And about the topic... It's strange to see people said "I MAIN SWAINZ NOMNOMNOM" whereas it's released 2 days ago.

Chaoticsoranma

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaito View Post
In league of legends you cannot have a main, main technically means the character that you have that is the highest level (bringing wow logic here) thus your main is technically just your account. But hell if main = favorite why not just say favorite? why use a word that wasn't made for that purpose.
and of course every fighting game player is a ****** because they can't have a main in a fighting game, because they don't have levels.

sound good to me.

KinneyDrae

10-06-2010

"Main" should be a champ you're talented with.

For example: I main Tristana, Mordekaiser, Fiddlesticks, Ryze, and lately I've been working on getting Sivir onto my list of "Main" champions.

(Yes, I know Sivir has severe problems right now. I just want to get good with her to prove to myself that it is possible.)

Iverna

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticsoranma View Post
and of course every fighting game player is a ****** because they can't have a main in a fighting game, because they don't have levels.

Sound good to me.
qft.

Dawgenstien

10-06-2010

I "main" Gragas because he can fill any role, but i can play fine with other champs

p.s. - i'm also gonna main "Lux"

:P

SYMBÖLIC

10-06-2010

+5

bubblyblastoise

10-06-2010

maybe a better way people should be phrasing "main" is just taking some time to see what roles they bring to a team comp

examples: tank vs carry (melee or ranged) vs jungler vs caster vs support/utility. once you break it down by category then hopefully people can identify better what spectrum of champions people can play to create a competent team.

but the general sentiment that i hear from people claiming they have a "main" are based on favorites/current fotm -- which in turn can be damaging to an overall team comp.