Advice on supporting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiyome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

So, I was just in a game as support. It's a role I play fairly often, so I'm fairly well versed in the logistics of it. That said, this game was something completely new for me entirely. My AD carry would stand in tribush typing jokes that weren't funny, or stand under tower while the minions were in the middle of the lane, seemingly AFK. Now, figuring it was better than them going to waste, I last hit the creeps that were about to die. He yelled at me for doing so.

I tried to explain I only went for them if he wasn't anywhere near or clearly wasn't attacking them, but he got angry, went off into the jungle to steal those camps and left me in a 2v1, then made sure to point out that the loss was my fault. Granted I don't put a lot of weight behind his opinion at this point, due to questionable plays and my looming suspicion that he was intoxicated in some way, but it still raises plenty of problems.

Now, I like playing support. It's a fun role and I enjoy doing it, but the problem is that as important as it is, the importance is only impactful if you have someone to be supportive of. A carry who isn't quite as good at CSing, or even staying in lane or up where harassment and the like isn't going to benefit from a support protecting them and buying items to help their damage stats along..

In this situation, what am I supposed to even do : /

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rezo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

you did right...if its going to waste last hit it. If its pushing your lane and you're alone kill it. Do what you can to hold the lane.