Thoughts on Zed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpyderJ

11-17-2012

Honestly, I think he has no place top lane. Any of the common tanky bruisers will just indefinitely beat him out in damage (just an observation so far) as his consistent damage is not there at all, which that is where most top laners shine. Mid I think he can do alright, but throw a non super squishy mid that can out assassin him, and hes dead still. And I don't see what his niche in the jungle is.

I want to wait for some time to go by however as all of this is based off of observed and experienced data, but not enough time has gone by to fully flush out the potential of a champion.

Drakojan

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpìderJ View Post
Honestly, I think he has no place top lane. Any of the common tanky bruisers will just indefinitely beat him out in damage (just an observation so far) as his consistent damage is not there at all, which that is where most top laners shine. Mid I think he can do alright, but throw a non super squishy mid that can out assassin him, and hes dead still. And I don't see what his niche in the jungle is.

I want to wait for some time to go by however as all of this is based off of observed and experienced data, but not enough time has gone by to fully flush out the potential of a champion.
I would disagree with you if Q had more damage, so he could just poke all day err day, then jump in with W once they're almost dead. I suppose you could still do that, only if the don't press B for the first 20 minutes, you might get a kill eventually. :P

Dorsia

11-17-2012

i feel like he does well mid and top, he's like an ad katarina, except not as strong. (until i figure out how to play him properly).

edit: he's pretty strong and can counter jungle a lot, as well as his shadow dash being up constantly if u can keep hitting things with it. and once i get the hang of all the chaos thats going on during his ult and all the options i have, i'm sure he'll be even stronger

R3MAG

11-17-2012

zed is a good champion as the whole bursty assassin type deal good for gnaking and wat not, its just annoying to already see him being used as the "flavor of the month" my thoughts are i know his brand new and everyone wants to play him but knowing most players playing the champ hes prob going to fall off like some champs have done in the past, a good idea might be for the next champ that comes out scale the champ compared to the rest of the champs in league atm and decide a necessity champion for example a champ that is only suited for mid or adc and emphasize on it further instead of havin alot of cross class champions

Wallowizzerd

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dediguise View Post
Zed can in fact perform in any of those roles. He has enough burst to make him a viable mid, combined with similar scaling as shen when it comes to natural tankiness. Obviously this comp would require an ap jungler or solo top. As a top he can out poke many champs and is decently tanky. He is very similar to darius, but with more mobility. I don't like jungling him, but he can do it very well.
I disagree with the jungling point. I believe that Zed is not viable in the jungle unless you run lots of flat armor and take a 9/21/0 mastery page as well as starting with cloth 5, and by doing this you are trading in a lot of damage. This however is just an opinion based on a few games as jungle Zed.

I completely agree with the points about being viable in mid lane and top lane though.

Drakojan

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowizzerd View Post
I disagree with the jungling point. I believe that Zed is not viable in the jungle unless you run lots of flat armor and take a 9/21/0 mastery page as well as starting with cloth 5, and by doing this you are trading in a lot of damage. This however is just an opinion based on a few games as jungle Zed.

I completely agree with the points about being viable in mid lane and top lane though.
His clear times are great and if his laner has any form of CC you're guarenteed the kill. If they don't his slow should help him kill them, or at the very least drive them out.

Tatubolita

11-21-2012

He gets shutdown easily by any decent bruiser in the top lane. Specially the ones with strong gap closers.

He does really well at lvl 3, but if you didnt get a kill (either by you alone or with jungler help) then you're already behind. And if you get ganked succesfully once by their jungler before you're 6 then there's pretty much no comming back from the lane.

He's more suited for mid than top imo.

CLG Doublewhiff

08-16-2013

MID: Zed is best mid cuz he has high mobility to gank lanes. Also what makes him excel most mid is his wave clear is ridiculous due to his passive and shadow.

TOP: Top Zed doest get countered by many bruisers such as Renekton and Jax. Although if u find a good matchup top match up such as Teemo (or any squishy that can b bursted down fast). U will still do well.

JUNGLE: i find pre 6 his ganks r quite useless due to his only cc is his shadows E, therefore has bad ganks pre 6. post 6 however he has so much burst and tower dive potential he can get many kills by gankin lanes. Also like i said b4 his wave clear is fantastic and is a very fast jungler

CLG Doublewhiff

08-16-2013

Does*

Oaklen

08-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindllapse View Post
if you had to put Zed in a tier list, what tier would you put him at on a ranked solo queue tier list?

and what do you think is his best role? top, mid, jungle? I have seen videos in the PBE of people playing him in any of those roles, but from what I've seen I don't think he's viable at all of them
Solo Queue is atleast a A+, he isn't OP BUT if a enemy team doesn't know how to deal with him, and hold onto CC they will lose every team fight. Alot people can't peel him once he ults, instgibbing ADC's and AP's. He is best in Mid/Top which ever has a soft laner. Skill shot champs can't touch him, so he is slightly counter picky. Also side note Rammus amazing countered to him, he Ult's in, you spam Taunt his ult does nothing and he doesnt even get to spin for the win.