Important question regarding the tribunal due to the recent "ban wave"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FearlessBunny

11-13-2012

A few days ago Riot went and did and banned a huge number of players, I believe they banned almost 1% of the playerbase

I was one of them, and that's fine. I accept my punishment and I will improve my behavior, but what i'm a bit worried about is this

From what I understand the Tribunal can sometimes be a bit.. slow/delayed. Does this mean I can get punished in the tribunal for crimes i've essentially already been punished manually by Riot? I got a 14 day ban, so I assume if I were to get punished in the tribunal it would mean a permanent ban for me, but I would have no chance of bettering my behavior.

So the question is essentially, have the tribunal reports been wiped clean for those who were punished by Riot?

Alanja

11-13-2012

There are reports of people claiming they got punished for games that happened before the last punishment.

It is believed to be a bug as far as I know.

As a judge in the tribunal, we unfortunately neither see the dates that game has been played on nor if the player has been punished before and when.

FearlessBunny

11-13-2012

I hope Lyte can answer this

FearlessBunny

11-13-2012

bump

BillyTheAttorney

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessBunny View Post
A few days ago Riot went and did and banned a huge number of players, I believe they banned almost 1% of the playerbase

I was one of them, and that's fine. I accept my punishment and I will improve my behavior, but what i'm a bit worried about is this

From what I understand the Tribunal can sometimes be a bit.. slow/delayed. Does this mean I can get punished in the tribunal for crimes i've essentially already been punished manually by Riot? I got a 14 day ban, so I assume if I were to get punished in the tribunal it would mean a permanent ban for me, but I would have no chance of bettering my behavior.

So the question is essentially, have the tribunal reports been wiped clean for those who were punished by Riot?
I've seen this a few times, and I'm not a Riot employee, but there are snippets of red posts over these forums regarding this topic, I'll try to sum up what I can from memory - and it could also be the faulty memory of some old guy. So take it with a mine of salt.

From what I understand - the Tribunal works like such: You get reported (whether rightly or wrongly. This is what happens). When you reach a certain percentage threshold of reports received/games played your case goes into the Tribunal. The Tribunal people who get assigned to your case get a random snippet of the reported games leading up to the Tribunal trigger. Things go through the Tribunal, and if you are Punished - you receive whatever your punishment is. The punishment is on your record. But the cases that were in the snippet leading up to the punishment are then removed from the system, and in essence you have a "blank slate" and are free from some kind of double-jeopardy. That is, if you have been banned with one case on your Reform Card, that case should not come up again in a future Reform Card if you once again reach the Tribunal threshold trigger.

If this happens, there has been a bug, and some people have had their cases excused, because in essence they were "double punished" or in some cases, punished while still banned because another wave hit the Tribunal during the ban.

Now, granted everyone believes they're in that statistical error, and some people are. But I think for the most part, most cases get wiped away the way they should. So if you just got slapped with a Ban - and especially if it was a Riot ban, and not a Tribunal ban - it should reset the clock.

The issue is, if it wasn't a Tribunal ban, maybe the clock wasn't reset? I'm not necessarily certain.

So, sorry, to answer your question the best I can give you is "your previous reports leading up to your ban should be gone from the day you are banned, but they might not be because of a bug"

Anyway, sorry I can't help more. Someone might be able to correct/clarify my point, because I'm just going off the top of my head. Anyway, good luck!

Tech Support

11-13-2012

Usually, the Tribunal does not compile games that you were reported for before your account received a ban. There are a few times I can link to Lyte's posts that say "X player was banned for games played AFTER the warning/ban". Not saying that it never happens, but it's pretty unlikely, as I imagine there's a strike against your account, and those games are tallied into that strike so they are not double-dipped when making a case against you.

FearlessBunny

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheAttorney View Post
I've seen this a few times, and I'm not a Riot employee, but there are snippets of red posts over these forums regarding this topic, I'll try to sum up what I can from memory - and it could also be the faulty memory of some old guy. So take it with a mine of salt.

From what I understand - the Tribunal works like such: You get reported (whether rightly or wrongly. This is what happens). When you reach a certain percentage threshold of reports received/games played your case goes into the Tribunal. The Tribunal people who get assigned to your case get a random snippet of the reported games leading up to the Tribunal trigger. Things go through the Tribunal, and if you are Punished - you receive whatever your punishment is. The punishment is on your record. But the cases that were in the snippet leading up to the punishment are then removed from the system, and in essence you have a "blank slate" and are free from some kind of double-jeopardy. That is, if you have been banned with one case on your Reform Card, that case should not come up again in a future Reform Card if you once again reach the Tribunal threshold trigger.

If this happens, there has been a bug, and some people have had their cases excused, because in essence they were "double punished" or in some cases, punished while still banned because another wave hit the Tribunal during the ban.

Now, granted everyone believes they're in that statistical error, and some people are. But I think for the most part, most cases get wiped away the way they should. So if you just got slapped with a Ban - and especially if it was a Riot ban, and not a Tribunal ban - it should reset the clock.

The issue is, if it wasn't a Tribunal ban, maybe the clock wasn't reset? I'm not necessarily certain.

So, sorry, to answer your question the best I can give you is "your previous reports leading up to your ban should be gone from the day you are banned, but they might not be because of a bug"

Anyway, sorry I can't help more. Someone might be able to correct/clarify my point, because I'm just going off the top of my head. Anyway, good luck!
This is what concerns me.

I no doubt deserve the ban and I will sit my punishment out with no whining, I would however like the chance to try to make a change