You can now get banned for using character emotes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Turqurzen

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
Honestly, again. Are people really that well, slow? The player in question abused emotes to annoy people. That was his intent with this. Riot has proven if you do things to intentionally ruin the game for other people especially after they ask you to stop that you can and will be punished. The only reason to fear emotes is the same reason to fear playing the game. If you are a troll and try to ruin the game for other people (Either through what you do in the game, or just abusing emotes) then yes, you will get banned.

TL;DR Common sense, don't be a dick. Being a dick gets you punished.
Bingo. I can't believe people are seriously going "oh ma gawd y punish".

Great Pyrenees

11-19-2012

I took the time to review your case. In game four you called Akali a gay noob. This is an unacceptable way to talk to a team mate and is the reason you got punished. You are not allowed to call team mates names which have the intent to hurt their feelings. You did deserve this ban and when you return I hope you are a more positive influence on our community. By the way it takes 100 reports in 30 days to face the tribunal so the sample we see is not the clearest indication of your toxic behaviors. Take care friend =).

TheWafflehammer

11-19-2012

bump

Pin Heel Surfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
I took the time to review your case. In game four you called Akali a gay noob. This is an unacceptable way to talk to a team mate and is the reason you got punished. You are not allowed to call team mates names which have the intent to hurt their feelings. You did deserve this ban and when you return I hope you are a more positive influence on our community. By the way it takes 100 reports in 30 days to face the tribunal so the sample we see is not the clearest indication of your toxic behaviors. Take care friend =).
You should now take the time to read my first post. Ive already stated that akali is my friend. Anyway, I wasn't reported because of what I said to akali.

Ever since this ban, whenever I call my friend a noob, I always say something along the lines of "insertfriend'schampname is my friend, dont vote punish me because of this, wise tribunal judges."

EDIT: apologies, didn't see that this isn't my thread. Anyways my friend is akali and since lyte won't bother to check my case or make an official statement there's no way how to verify this claim except that akali never responded to any of my "insults" and playfully completed the sentence, "lol kog" with "is noob"

Great Pyrenees

11-19-2012

I totally understand how you feel. I understand that Akali was your friend. But you need to understand that you were not punished for these cases but for all of the cases. Instead of being angry try to learn from this experience. For example dont call your friends names in games anymore. You can never get in trouble for being a positive constructive person and I wish you the best of luck friend =)

Pin Heel Surfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
I totally understand how you feel. I understand that Akali was your friend. But you need to understand that you were not punished for these cases but for all of the cases. Instead of being angry try to learn from this experience. For example dont call your friends names in games anymore. You can never get in trouble for being a positive constructive person and I wish you the best of luck friend =)
You said that I was punished because of how I talked in game 4.

Well I hope I won't get in trouble anymore because I've gotten into the habit of declaring that I'm friends with _______ in case I keep getting reported out of spite.

Evilferret

11-20-2012

When you spam /laugh, /taunt or any other audio emote, your teammates have to listen to it. Many players don't find it funny. They find it to be an annoying repeating noise.

There is no reason why you NEED to spam an emote. If your actions are inhibiting another player's enjoyment of the game and you're aware of that and continuing anyway, IMO you definitely deserve to be banned.

Yes, players could shut off audio. But that's an inconvenience to the other players in the game, and still damages their experience (I like to hear character audio, just not excessively spammed audio!)

Sigma6302

Recruiter

11-24-2012

it take 5-10 seconds to turn it off, you can do it while you B or while you die, and if Riot really think this is an issue, they could just implement mute button to mute every audio that player does

Lord Ferret

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma6302 View Post
it take 5-10 seconds to turn it off, you can do it while you B or while you die, and if Riot really think this is an issue, they could just implement mute button to mute every audio that player does
Why does someone have to change how their game is played or what they listen can and cant listen to because one person wants to troll. If i keep spamming GG in chat you now have to mute me or turn off Chat. Cant report me because you can take the time to change something. Spam is spam. No matter what form it comes in. Get over it. Or if i constantly Ping spam. Do you find that annoying. Good cant report me because you can easily mute me or turn off your sound.

Noonoo Bot

11-28-2012

ump