You can now get banned for using character emotes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jayrune

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosFromVent View Post
"Popping the taunt emote after a kill" is the same as doing it perpetually; you are trying to get under your opponents skin, after all, taunt is defined as a remark made in order to anger, wound, or provoke someone.

If you get banned for spamming taunts, you should get banned for using taunts at all, because to some players, it pisses them off.
point taken, taunting after every single kill when you've make 15+ kills would be spamming it. In a game where you only make 3-4 kills, not so much.

Scandulous

11-14-2012

Wow, how many threads need to be made for this same case? If you really want a red post, use a better title to grab their attention.

As for emotes, I like them. Using them after a kill, near miss or nice dodge is fun, and friendlier than typing a taunt. Using them a few times in a row, whatever. But if you actually look at this log, multiple players in the game are ASKING HIM TO STOP. At 1-2 minutes in the first two games, and by 4 minutes in the third one. He only got 1 "stfu" in the fourth game, but honestly I think he was kind of a dick in that game anyways, and a lot of people would punish just for his use of the word 'gay'.

When it's bad enough that people are asking you to stop when they've been in emote range for less than two minutes, yeah, there's a problem. It's a pain in the ass to have to mute your emotes just because one player is being a jerk, and super inconvenient even if you wait for an early death. Having the ability to mute doesn't excuse the behaviour.

And just throwing this out there... In the real world, it's often easier to get fined for playing music too loudly than for directly verbally abusing somebody. This player should have been more respectful of the others in the game, as he WAS warned. Probably just thought he would get away with it since taunts don't show in the chatlog.

Mansa TChalla

11-14-2012

Reported by: Enemy

"spammed his taunt all match. i will never watch batman with joker ever again"

ROFL

Noonoo Bot

11-14-2012

Bbbbbbbb

Calys Teneb

11-14-2012

Yeah, we needed another thread about this.

Swallow My Gravy

11-14-2012

We need more threads until the problem is resolved. A full tribunal rework.

Clinkz Eastwoood

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow My Gravy View Post
We need more threads until the problem is resolved. A full tribunal rework.
a rework would mean the whole thing is broken.
this seems like an isolated incident to me, they've said themselves that tribunal isnt perfect and thats why theyre always working on it.

TheWafflehammer

11-14-2012

This still needs addressed.

Chainsaw Pixie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

>.>

Spamming ring a bell?

Illume

11-14-2012

Bumping for red post.