You can now get banned for using character emotes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commandr Shepard

11-13-2012

Ill bump this because this an extremely stupid thing to get banned for

Amability

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Oh man what will happen to Nunu Bot's who spam their laugh? Those make my games brighter. "Ah ah ah ah"

LeagueUniversity

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukyul View Post
Using emotes is one thing.
Spamming emotes is spamming. Spamming is a reportable offense.

Makes sense to me.
Why wouldn't there be a cap on it then, like with pings? Before you could ping indefinitely.

Peggy

11-13-2012

bump til a red replies

this is ludicrous

Dischu

11-13-2012

Wow ... just another reason the awful tribunal should be removed. Makes people too power happy.

Irbi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

I'd be interested to see a red comment on this.

Well.. you can be banned for naughty language even though there is a bad word filter that people choose to not use.

I guess they are extending that to built in audio harassment even though you can turn the sound off?

Drukyul

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosFromVent View Post
Why wouldn't there be a cap on it then, like with pings? Before you could ping indefinitely.
Why isn't there a cap on chat spam? I don't know, but that doesn't magically make spam = not spam.

Verandriel

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pool Party Ziggs View Post
If those people didn't want to hear the audio taunts, they can disable them.
Following the same logic, if people don't want to be harassed by someone, they can mute him.

Not saying you should or shouldn't be banned for this but, if someone asked me to stop spamming emotes, I would. If I ran into someone who kept spamming emotes and, when asked to stop, would spam them even more... I would be pretty annoyed, too.

Bilbo T Baggens

11-13-2012

this is BS if riot did not want people to spam emotes then they would give them a cooldown

LeagueUniversity

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verandriel View Post
Following the same logic, if people don't want to be harassed by someone, they can mute him.

Not saying you should or shouldn't be banned for this but, if someone asked me to stop spamming emotes, I would. If I ran into someone who kept spamming emotes and, when asked to stop, would spam them even more... I would be pretty annoyed, too.
Except harassing is forbidden in the Code. I don't think riot would start to say that using taunts or jokes excessively is harassment, too.