Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You can now get banned for using character emotes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dat Asian Gurl

11-13-2012

Quote:
Pin Heel Surfer:
You know you can mute character sounds. You do not have to mute the whole game. It's more of a handicap for me to press F1-F3 while still performing better than everyone.

Still, the issue is still "You're inconveniencing and pissing off people you're playing with". Maybe not all of them (since you said you grouped with a friend), but you're still doing it. They shouldn't have to accommodate for your own annoying fun just because it's funny or some junk. I DO do this, but only on certain champs and ONLY if I know 7-8/10 of the people in the ARAM (which I usually do).

Anyways, imo, it's fine to do it once or twice every few minutes in a random ARAM, like I said, but not every three seconds for the entire game.

To be honest, I would have just skipped your case in Tribunal. I tend to not bother with reports that I can't see the chat logs of (like verbal abuse after game, which can easily be ignored and never seen again).

mogonk

11-13-2012

Quote:
Pin Heel Surfer:
Everyone saying that I deserved it for "spamming."

1. It's 100% subjective based on the information provided.
2. Riot disabled spamming a long time ago when they added in a cooldown period (champion must finish the taunt/laugh before issuing another command)

1. If you were spamming enough that a huge number of people felt the need to report you you deserve to be punished. Period.
2. Using an emote every time it comes off cooldown is spamming.

Enjoy your ban. When you come back stop acting like an ******* or we will ban you again, and again. We do not tolerate that **** in this community.

But we both know a guy like you isn't going to stop, right? Most of the enjoyment you get out of the game is in bothering other people, so there's absolutely no way you could just play like a normal person.

That's why this is so important to you, because playing without harassing other people isn't an option for you. And that, more than anything, is why you deserve to be banned.

Do us all a favor and just uninstall.

Layla

11-13-2012

Quote:
mogonk:
There's a certain kind of player who thinks to himself "Hey, how can I annoy people and make the game less fun for everyone without getting punished?". That's the kind of player who spams taunt all game. And we really don't care whether it's against the code explicitly or not...the intent of that player is clearly to detract from the experience of others.

So we know his intent is blatantly toxic. And we know his behavior is consistently disruptive, we have large numbers of reports from multiple games saying the exact same thing. That means a ban.

You kids need to calm down. Have a glass of milk or something. This is being handled, and it's being handled correctly. Don't worry your empty little heads about it.

And yet, spamming certain emotes has been considered to be something that is done for fun. Lux/Lulu/Singed laughs are the best examples of this. Even Phreak mentions binding laugh to an easily accessible key for spamming in the Singed spotlight. The extent to which you have to spam an emote for it to have a negative impact on a game is debatable and it's certainly subjective. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that this is the weakest ban in the history of the tribunal.

JoeyMakesMagic

11-13-2012

Incoming riot post on how he was a toxic player based on other cases not being shown in tribunal

Sweagen

11-13-2012

how the HELL did this guy get punished
tribunal broken beyond repair gg

Korean Pop

11-13-2012

Quote:
mogonk:
Do us all a favor and just uninstall.

Prepare to be sent to the tribunal.

EDIT: Making 3 smurfs to upvote and downvote respectively? That's funny.

dredzach

11-13-2012

"spamming"

Brian Krebs

11-13-2012

Quote:
JoeyMakesMagic:
Incoming riot post on how he was a toxic player based on other cases not being shown in tribunal

except the ban was handed out based on these cases

Korean Pop

11-13-2012

Quote:
JoeyMakesMagic:

I play mostly ARAM (coop for first win) to stay away from normals/ranked rage/reportland. I will say right now - all my games played between the time of my warning to now is the same material in every game. Most games I don't say a word (in chat)

NYchris88

11-13-2012

unban asap!