You can now get banned for using character emotes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mtrx001

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slifer556 View Post
You say annoy, other people say gain pyschological advantage.
gtfo

Stayer

11-13-2012

Quote:
There's a certain kind of player who thinks to himself "Hey, how can I annoy people and make the game less fun for everyone without getting punished?". That's the kind of player who spams taunt all game.
Uh, that's not what I think at all. Mostly I think "this taric emote is so ****ing outrageous must use more". The other day I used Tryndamere's "you never stood a chance" a lot in an aram. Then we lost, and I used it just as the game was ending. I do it mostly because it's funny (using it as you die), and just a wee bit to tickle people (it legitimately baits people into attacking you as well, spamming at the preminion showdown in aram makes people do stupid things and die for them).

The Nice Boat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Why don't you lay down your weapons now?

Stayer

11-13-2012

Riot had to see this, right? To ban them, they had to manually review? I'm guessing the people that do that aren't very connected to game design, but why wouldn't someone think "oh this annoys people...we should make muting someone stop their emote audio"? Then there would be no reason to ban someone for emote spam (even though you can get banned for cussing with a filter AND muting, I think this would be enough that we wouldn't have to fear using emotes).

Masterfiends

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

this has to be some sort of joke...

9umihö

11-13-2012

Bump, tribunal op

mtrx001

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
There's a certain kind of player who thinks to himself "Hey, how can I annoy people and make the game less fun for everyone without getting punished?". That's the kind of player who spams taunt all game. And we really don't care whether it's against the code explicitly or not...the intent of that player is clearly to detract from the experience of others.

So we know his intent is blatantly toxic. And we know his behavior is consistently disruptive, we have large numbers of reports from multiple games saying the exact same thing. That means a ban.

You kids need to calm down. Have a glass of milk or something. This is being handled, and it's being handled correctly. Don't worry your empty little heads about it.
/thread

Barioth

11-13-2012

Tribunal working as intended

And your question: Yes, you can.

Should you get banned? No.

That's the small, but meaningful difference.

Taylion

11-13-2012

You do not get on the tribunal unless you are being regularly reported.

mambawarrior0

11-13-2012

The last game probably pushed him into the "punish" zone.
I'd definately have pardoned, but I can see why other's wouldn't