Yeah you're looking pretty bad Riot can you stop?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soiyeruda

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetsandpiper View Post
It's not like they haven't changed skins before to keep people happy. How about instead of everyone posting all this hate and conspiracy **** about Riots plan to constantly increase prices so they are all absolutely outrageous, something that would never work unless you're all morons, you actually tell them what you would like them to change with the skin. And don't act like dotas **** customizations are worth what they are pricing. Sure you can get some of them for free but honestly, I don't want any of them. I also have twenty or so chests that I have to spend $2 on just to get a random item.
Because in most cases, Riot doesn't actually take input from the playerbase into account. DT Lulu had a lot of suggestions from other players, many in PBE, that were ignored by Riot for the most part.

quiyet

11-13-2012

If you don't like the price. Don't buy it. It's really that simple.

PoppaMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetsandpiper View Post
And what if I want to get the axe but don't want to spend the potential thousands of games playing it to unlock it? Oh right, I only have to spend $16 to get the entire set in which I think the armor looks like **** and the axe should be worth about $3 at the most.
And what if you get two items every 25 minuts Diretide match each of which looks like something a legendary skin would have?
Valve, doing it right.

Crossf1re

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levgre View Post
dumbest post of the day

Firstly, 110$ a day is a pretty good income. Not everyone is as fortunate as you.

Secondly, some people actually have responsibilities, and have to use their money in responsible ways.

Compared to what you can fit into your budget with 10$ (a lot of food, a full GAME with lots of entertainment value), spending 10$ on a single skin is egregious.
Ok so what's your point?

I took the necessary steps to FIND A JOB. Being a lifeguard isn't even hard, you take training and apply to everywhere. Pretty usre anyone on these forums, who has a computer and the internet has a job.

Ok. So paying for virtual skins is using you money "responsibly"? hold on. First you're saying you have to use you money wisely, and that somehow entails wasting money on pixels.

So don't PAY FOR THE SKIN. rofl. "I can pay for food, I can pay for the game but on top of that because I feel like I'm somehow entitled, I ALSO deserve the skin". That's pretty much what you just said. Life is more like you pay for what you can afford, if you can't afford the skins on top of food and games then dont buy the skins.

Companies aren't going to place the price according to what each customer thinks otherwise it would be IMPOSSIBLE for them to sell anything. Take economics and learn please

Whelk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
The thing is people want to support Riot. But, it not worth supporting them for no gain in return. 10$ says over 10,000 people would pay to get LoL skins if they were 5$ each. And my number is probably up to 100,000's off xD
Even then its bad business practice to overprice merchandise. You overall see a decrease of sales.
If this is the case, the skin will sell poorly and there won't be many in the future with this pricing. If it sells well then it means that people liked the skin enough to pay the extra $2 to get it. Either way it works itself out.

Buffy Wayne

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
The thing is people want to support Riot. But, it not worth supporting them for no gain in return. 10$ says over 10,000 people would pay to get LoL skins if they were 5$ each. And my number is probably up to 100,000's off xD
Even then its bad business practice to overprice merchandise. You overall see a decrease of sales.
Exactly.

But like Morello quoted on Khazix skin post, they are watching this.

Just lets hope they figure out this soon.

BennyBoy62

11-13-2012

lol so much hate on riot. If you dont want that new skin, dont buy it. And they have shown countless times that they do care, its just spoiled players that are the problem most of the time. Whenever we get ip boosts there are always threads about how "its not enough"- they didnt have to give us ip bonuses did they? Be thankful of what the Riot employees do for this game and how well run this is.

2pudge1cup

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropics View Post
We're getting free couriers in Dota 2 with the Diretide season. These couriers have their own, unique model, animations, and are an actual, physical entity within the game, being target-able, having vision radius, etc. In addition, they are customizable based on essences acquired during the event, with game data showing that different tiers will have unique animations.

Meanwhile, you are charging around 12$ for a new Lulu skin, which does nothing but change some particles to a more pinkish color and re-model Pix.

Everything is overpriced. Not just this Lulu skin. Champions, skins, everything. You can deny it all you want, but when I can go on steam and buy great games like "The Binding of Isaac" or "Magicka" for the same price as what you are charging for a minor cosmetic upgrade, we have a serious problem.

Oh, and since I forgot in the original, our Holiday reward was rent-able ward skins. I'll leave it on that note.
Meanwhile I believe I already put $50 into dota2 because I like where the game is going and as a 'thanks' to icefrog and company for the years of fun I got out of dota1. I've only had my beta key for 2 months.

I don't regret spending what I spent on that game the least bit. I'd rather look at spending money on these games as a voluntary effort and not a chore to be what's necessary to compete.

AngryMilk7

11-13-2012

Of course they're trying to milk every dime they can. You guys forget they are a business first.

JinAtonix

11-13-2012

you idiots this is a free game nobody is forcing you to buy those skins.

quit crying, complaining and whinging like little kids.