Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yeah you're looking pretty bad Riot can you stop?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yetibus

11-13-2012

If people pay it, the price is justified. You can still play LoL for free. Unless you get banned because of the tribunal.

Gewcebawcks

11-13-2012

Quote:
WolfieBlackheart:
Valve appreciates their players. Riot sees them as a source of income, nothing more.

Baseless accusation.
Posts no facts.
Free game.
/thread

AJL

11-13-2012

Quote:
jadeking:
You realize that they arent forcing you to buy skins.....This game is 100% free and buying stuff does not buy you power in any way. You don't have to spend money. You can choose to though.

The thing is people want to support Riot. But, it not worth supporting them for no gain in return. 10$ says over 10,000 people would pay to get LoL skins if they were 5$ each. And my number is probably up to 100,000's off xD
Even then its bad business practice to overprice merchandise. You overall see a decrease of sales.

violetsandpiper

11-13-2012

Quote:
PoppaMan:
Not to mention one match of Diretide can get you a "Mythical" item even if you blow. These items are basically what you would see in a 3280 skin. Thanks Riot, ill stick with my 'Forged in Demon's Blood' axe that i got from playing about 5 games with one lucky drop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfChlMFnGNM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfChlMFnGNM)
Look at the axe. It actually drags on the ground, and when you go into the river it kicks up water instead of dirt. Learn from this, Riot.

And what if I want to get the axe but don't want to spend the potential thousands of games playing it to unlock it? Oh right, I only have to spend $16 to get the entire set in which I think the armor looks like **** and the axe should be worth about $3 at the most.

WolfieBlackheart

11-13-2012

Quote:
violetsandpiper:
And what if I want to get the axe but don't want to spend the potential thousands of games playing it to unlock it? Oh right, I only have to spend $16 to get the entire set in which I think the armor looks like **** and the axe should be worth about $3 at the most.

You can buy any individual piece of a set.

Crossf1re

11-13-2012

QQ "my mom's going to be so angry that I used her credit card for skin purchases!"

Is pretty much all I read.

I can make $110 dollars a day working as a lifeguard so you lazy sobs complaining about $10 skins is such nonsense. Seriously, if you can't afford it that's your fault not Riots. When you go buy a car, if you can't afford to buy the $200000 one, you buy a cheaper one. If you can't afford the cheaper one, you take public transportation. This is how life works, you pay for what you can afford

Quote:
Riot sees them as a source of income, nothing more.

NO KIDDING BUSINESSES DO THAT WTF. WOW HOLY ****, I THOUGHT COMPANIES WERE USUALLY LIKE "OK HERE'S FREE STUFF, TAKE IT!".

Please never do anything in business.

violetsandpiper

11-13-2012

Quote:
WolfieBlackheart:
You can buy any individual piece of a set.

I can get the axe alone for $10. The axe on it's own is equal in price to the lulu skin that I agree is overpriced. I don't even think the axe is good, they hardly did anything when making it.

Crossf1re

11-13-2012

Quote:
AJL:
The thing is people want to support Riot. But, it not worth supporting them for no gain in return. 10$ says over 10,000 people would pay to get LoL skins if they were 5$ each. And my number is probably up to 100,000's off xD
Even then its bad business practice to overprice merchandise. You overall see a decrease of sales.

Rofl

what are you basing you nonsense on? Are you an economics major, because you obviously know nothing about supply and demand. I'm pretty sure Riot being arguably the most successful gaming company in the last 2 years, would know their demand and set their price accordingly to make a profit. Furthermore, there are other factors to consider when setting the price for virtual items.

Just because you want life to be free and your mom's credit card to be infinite doesn't mean Riot is wrong about the price. $10 says you're so full of it.

Levgre

11-13-2012

Quote:
Crossf1re:
QQ "my mom's going to be so angry that I used her credit card for skin purchases!"

Is pretty much all I read.

I can make $110 dollars a day working as a lifeguard so you lazy sobs complaining about $10 skins is such nonsense. Seriously, if you can't afford it that's your fault not Riots.

NO KIDDING BUSINESSES DO THAT WTF. WOW HOLY ****, I THOUGHT COMPANIES WERE USUALLY LIKE "OK HERE'S FREE STUFF, TAKE IT!".

Please never do anything in business.

dumbest post of the day

Firstly, 110$ a day is a pretty good income. Not everyone is as fortunate as you.

Secondly, some people actually have responsibilities, and have to use their money in responsible ways.

Compared to what you can budget with 10$ (a lot of food, a full GAME with lots of entertainment value), spending 10$ on a single skin is egregious.

An economy existed before LoL made skins, and people know how much value they should get from 10$. A skin has incredibly low value, comparatively.

Ulquiorra995

11-13-2012

You see, Riot, you would actually get more money from releasing that skin at 975 price. Many people ready to buy it for 975, which is a fair price, are outraged and won't get it at the price bar it does not deserve. Maybe you will get more from individual sales, but in the end, it is your loss.