@Lyte, I'd enjoy the game more if your standards for behavior were relaxed a bit.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alexandra Avdey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurecat View Post
I might buy this if the majority of people who play League of Legends did Tribunal cases every day.

But they don't.

The ones who do, and who post on the Tribunal forums with any regularity etc, are the ones who *love* the culture of toxicity and "punish" spamming. The zealots, in other words.

I'm kinda arguing that the actual majority doesn't feel this way. The actual majority is OK with being expected to have a slightly thicker skin. I'd like Riot to hear our voice, for once.
You see, there are two votes.

People vote with reports first and foremost. That is the primary vote. That is the hard one there. You need to be ludicrously above average here even to get to the second "audit" vote. The Tribunal isn't there to punish you. By the time you reach the Tribunal, you have already been voted far beyond guilty by your peers.

The Tribunal is there for a chance for leniency granted by Lyte's random brain, where a randomly selected collection of votes cast against you are auditted and may randomly turn out to be not that bad even though you have almost certainly done far worse and deserve all the punishment Riot may heap upon you, and you perhaps luck out and get a pardon even though you have already been voted in as a concensus super toxic player.

DONGLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

people report for calling someone bad now. like, really?

ChainedOne

11-13-2012

No one wants to log onto this game and get ripped a new one for dying.

You should never lose your cool playing this game, if you do, you need to take a step back and look at what you are raging about.

Now I understand that you are not talking about "hardcore raging" but the more relaxed form of raging using terms like "moron."

Unfortunately, we can't choose to make this a grey issue. The problem with grey issues is that everyone has a different line where they think you should be punished. No two people perfectly agree, and most people will argue over what words and phrases should be allowed.

To alleviate this, you either have to punish all verbal abuse or none of it. In the case of the Tribunal, I believe they did the right thing in punishing all verbal abuse.

If you really are relaxed about your raging, this shouldn't be a problem. One or two games with you calling someone stupid or a moron won't get you banned.

Futurecat

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrolImanship View Post
Welcome to League of Legends, where if you allow someone else to start an argument with you, you deserve to be banned.

Just make sure you don't ignore the person trying to start an argument with you because then you'll get banned for not communicating.
Yup, this basically.

Pretty funny that someone said they will vote "punish" because someone can't "deflect an argument." Are you serious Riot? This is your standard for player behavior?

Wyatt Cole

11-13-2012

Quote:
I *want* ****-talk in my games, because you know what? Even if I don't like being called on my mistakes, I'm grown up enough to handle it. And then, if its allowed so long as it doesn't cross the line into actual abuse, I don't have to walk on eggshells every time I press "enter" while I play.
You complaining about wanting X in LoL and how Riot should bend to your demands is no better than another playing saying they don't want X in their game and how Riot should bend to their demands. One always loses out, and frankly, I'd prefer an environment of play where there's less hostility towards each other.

There's a difference between ****-talking amongst friends or scrims but when you're just ****-talking random strangers on the internet, your demands of more "lax" rules are nothing but an excuse for you to be a terrible person. Is **** talking really a necessity for you to enjoy LoL? Is it a requirement for you enjoyment of the game? Cause frankly if it is, I don't think Riot cares for that type of player in their game and clearly a good portion of the community doesn't either (evidently through the Tribunal).

And yes, I did check your reform card, and only the Majority (rather than Overwhelming Majority) thought to punish you so there was probably a handful of people who hit Pardon too. Though frankly, that first game of you just complaining about surrendering really adds nothing except ire to all other 9 players of the game.

TrolImanship

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra Avdey View Post
You see, there are two votes.

People vote with reports first and foremost. That is the primary vote. That is the hard one there. You need to be ludicrously above average here even to get to the second "audit" vote. The Tribunal isn't there to punish you. By the time you reach the Tribunal, you have already been voted far beyond guilty by your peers.

The Tribunal is there for a chance for leniency granted by Lyte's random brain, where a randomly selected collection of votes cast against you are auditted and may randomly turn out to be not that bad even though you have almost certainly done far worse and deserve all the punishment Riot may heap upon you, and you perhaps luck out and get a pardon even though you have already been voted in as a concensus super toxic player.
You realize you can get a near 50% report rate just by playing certain champions in ranked, right?

Futurecat

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt Cole View Post
I'd prefer an environment of play where there's less hostility towards each other.
Me too.

But not if the cost is fearing my account, which I've spent hundreds of dollars on, could get banned because I pressed "enter" during a match.

Walking on eggshells because people are allowed, even encouraged, to report people for what amounts to nothing, and then the tribunal zealots spamming "punish" because they are *sure* this person had to have done something bad to even end up in tribunal... it isn't fun. This game would be better if behavior standards were lightened up a bit.

TrolImanship

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt Cole View Post
And yes, I did check your reform card, and only the Majority (rather than Overwhelming Majority) thought to punish you so there was probably a handful of people who hit Pardon too. Though frankly, that first game of you just complaining about surrendering really adds nothing except ire to all other 9 players of the game.
>9 other players
>Mundo is afk
>complaining about surrendering in a 4 vs 5 not justified

LET'S BAN HIM!

tribunalconsp

11-13-2012

It's a generational gap. Kids these days can't take any criticism in any form. Crack a joke, or banter and it's "trolling".

People who were born in the 80's, or earlier know what I'm talking about, although it's kind of ironic how my generation invented school shootings....

Point is that people are letting trivial things disturb them so much emotionally that they can't deal with anything anymore.

It's one thing to go out of your way to harass somebody and put them down, it's another entirely to say something ridiculous, or tease somebody and get reported for it. When I first played this game, people would trash talk each other all game.. and we'd say "gg" at the end, because we were having fun while doing it.

Now, you use the slightest expletive and you get reported, regardless of context.. and inevitably banned. The atmosphere went from being tense to a bed of nails and glass, where the slightest mistake, bad pun etc. will lead to a mass report and ban.

It's all done for the sake of saving Riot money as well. Kind of disgusting, but we live in these frugal times. Having fun for free has its price, at least in this game it sure as hell does... so much in fact, that normals are dead to me, until they improve the system.

Mxie

11-13-2012

Quote:
This right here is the problem with Tribunal Zealots. There is a presumption that if you got reported, you must be bad & worthy of being punished. Do you honestly not think frivolous reports happen? Judge a case based on what you see there, not all the dastardly deeds you are sure the person must have done to end up in Tribunal.

And my case is absolutely a textbook example of what I am asking Riot to change. I get flamed and harassed in /all chat, and finally snap and say "stfu you moron", and that warrants a "punish"? Really? Grow up a bit, for god's sake.

This community has reached the point of absurd oversensitivity.
Again, it's not about sensitivity. I would have reported you if you had called a teammate that, because insulting people is never called for. If someone is trolling you, mute them, take a breath, realize it's a game, finish it out, report them for trolling and move on. You gain nothing but additional frustration and, as you've seen, quite a few reports for getting angry at them.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's frustrating; I have the luxury of being able to vent in voicechat to the friends I play with. But the fact is that if you were reported enough for getting baited by trolls to wind up in the tribunal, there is a behavior problem.