Bring Ionic Spark BACK

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozunSun

11-13-2012

Ionic Spark was the only reason i purchased Irelia

MLG Dallas and Lonstarclash2 Ionic Spark was used succesfully by PROS

The person in charge of the item department is bloody idiot..
this item is in dota hon and so on for a reason..

im guessing the old person in charge of items left and this new guy dosnt have a clue in his head

Kevin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

no use talknig the riot staff in charge felt it was a bad item and removed

Meshotah

11-13-2012

And I'm guessing you don't have a clue about game design.

When a champion revolves around an item, and said item is a better itemisation choice than any other option, then something needs changing. Being pigeon-holed into one build isn't fun, nor is it ideal. Ever heard about the "Open Meta?" This is the situation where multiple lane match-ups, team comps, and item builds are equally viable because everything is balanced. This is what Riot is shooting for. One ideal item is completely counter to this goal. Evidently they felt it was easier to remove the item than change it.

They probably have other items they want to implement anyway.

Dota is small. HoN is dead. Pro players don't design games, they analyse and exploit them. Please think before you mash your fingers into that keyboard of yours.

lastcenturion

11-13-2012

funny how you talk about open meta when we were stuck on the
bruiser top
mage mid
jungler
adc and support on bot

during the whole second season

Meshotah

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcenturion View Post
funny how you talk about open meta when we were stuck on the
bruiser top
mage mid
jungler
adc and support on bot

during the whole second season
Please quote me on where I said S2 was the ideal open meta.

Kevin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshotah View Post

When a champion revolves around an item, and said item is a better itemisation choice than any other option, then something needs changing. Being pigeon-holed into one build isn't fun, nor is it ideal. Ever heard about the "Open Meta?" This is the situation where multiple lane match-ups, team comps, and item builds are equally viable because everything is balanced. This is what Riot is shooting for. One ideal item is completely counter to this goal. Evidently they felt it was easier to remove the item than change it.

Dota is small. HoN is dead. Pro players don't design games, they analyse and exploit them. Please think before you mash your fingers into that keyboard of yours.

damn 1295 elo hell scrub talking like he thinks he understands a clue about this game rofl

also please bring facts to your replies
HoN is far from dead
dota1 isnt small whatsoever

god your stuck in your self absorbed world and you cant even get s2 gold? rofl this guy

TheDeadSpeaker

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshotah View Post

your a ****ing idiot please stfu

Fracture Eon

11-14-2012

Tiamat/Hydra will be a better item than Ionic Spark in most respects. Riot is even considering replacing the Regrowth Pendants in the recipe with a Ruby Crystal or Kindlegem, letting you keep your AOE+HP item path.

Ionic Spark has always been total **** anyway.

alaskaneagle

11-16-2012

Ionic spark is a great item and was a neccessity for at least one of the champs I played. I doubt the new item will be as good for my build meaning I may have to stop playing one of my fav champs... it makes me sad *tear* to see it go

Kagami

11-16-2012

you really think none of the 4 new Attack speed items will help at all?

Quote:
Sword of the Divine
Rapid Burst Attack Damage Item
Recipe: Recurve Bow + Dagger
Active: You gain 100% attack speed and 100% critical strike for 4 seconds or 3 critical strikes - 25 second cooldown. This item gives no attack speed while on cooldown.
Passive: Kills and assists halve this item's cooldown.

Hurricane
Ranged-Only Area of Effect Item
Recipe: Dagger + Recurve Bow + Dagger
Passive: Your shots fire two secondary ghostly bolts that deal X + 50% of your attack damage to nearby targets. These cannot critically strike but apply on-hit effects.

Zephyr
High End Speed Item
Recipe*:* Stinger + Long Sword
Grants Attack Speed, Cooldown Reduction, Movement Speed, Attack Speed and Tenacity.

Statikk Shiv
High Speed / Burst Damage Item
Recipe*:* Zeal, Avarice Blade
Passive: Moving or Attacking builds static charges. At 100 charges, your next attack unleashes all charges to deal 100 magic to up to 4 targets. This effect benefits from critical strikes.