Is Dragon Tamer Lulu a better skin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seniorsnuggly

11-13-2012

This thread isn't a discussion about the price per se, but whether this skin is better than the other 975's that have come out recently. What do you think? Give your opinions here.

Heil Teemo

11-13-2012

No. In fact I'd say it's below newer 975 skins like Blackthorn Morgana. I figured the main reason why Mecha Kha'Zix was 1375 was because he had one new quote, but Dragon Tamer Lulu doesn't. It's just new particles at an unnecessarily higher price.

Aeolian Melodies

11-13-2012

When I look at Arcade Sona, Blackthorn Morgana, Tyrant Swain... there is no way this new Lulu skin is better than them to the point that it needs to cost about 400 more RP.

For that matter when I look at Zombie Brand and compare it to Battlecast Cho'Gath, there is no way ZB deserves the legendary price + status. Just no.

Westlin

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
No. In fact I'd say it's below newer 975 skins like Blackthorn Morgana. I figured the main reason why Mecha Kha'Zix was 1375 was because he had one new quote, but Dragon Tamer Lulu doesn't. It's just new particles at an unnecessarily higher price.
Mecha Kha was also higher priced because Kha inherently has a lot of animations 4 from transforming so any skin for him will take more work plus the animations in Mecha Kha are definitely at a higher degree.
Dragon Tamer Lulu is neat but I think the model for her is just meh so its really for the dragon and the animations which are cool but I agree Blackthorn really is better than dragon tamer lulu.

Tswizzle SF

11-13-2012

975 RP = $7.50~
1350 RP = $10~

What's $2.50 to you?

Taikero

11-13-2012

Dragon Tamer Lulu is not worth more than 975 RP. Not even close.

I mean, really, Pix doesn't even breathe fire.

murlocmancer

11-13-2012

TBH I almost prefer normal LuLu. I find LuLu as normal as perfectly made and I cna't find any flaws in her.

Karn Bishop

11-13-2012

No, its not worth its price value, and thats not even considering that they missed the mark on what a real dragon is.

Taikero

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tswizzle SF View Post
975 RP = $7.50~
1350 RP = $10~

What's $2.50 to you?
A full night's dinner made from scratch.

King Reedwise

11-13-2012

At least they aren't releasing, "skins" that are just recolors of the original champion. Like those Lu Bu or Dynasty Warrior J4 and Xin Zhao skins that are supposed to be coming out; those are really awesome. Compare those to say, Swamp Kennen or some of the worse Olaf ones.. those are just skins for the sake of being skins.

I like the new system. The latter part of this year has been way better in terms of skin quality, although I do agree it seems sort of.. goug-y to have skins be at a set price, agree with customer base that recolors are subpar as skins and try to update/remove them, then sell actual good skins only to increase the price.

But I'm sure they've got an analyst who will determine whether or not 1350 for a new skin is a success or a failure, only time will tell!