ROA, Reylai's and?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HerPuppy

11-13-2012

Old story i know but i wanted to be clear on why we havent got many health ap items available for 5v5?

Ignoreing Haunting Guise for its over expense (for what you get) and lack of upgradeability...

We have 2 main health/AP items, one is a slow orientated item which we can all understand, and one is an AP/Mana/HP increase with a passive increase to scale with time.

One is Early game and one is Mid-Late game.

Both are required on mages looking to deal half decent damage over a period of time without dieing too quickly.

So really here is my main question...

Some mages dont use mana but do need health and AP...

They are forced to go squishy or buy an item with a useless stat on it for too much money or buy an item with a slow on it they may not need making it also cost too much...

Blackfire ended up being non-5v5 and to be honest we can all tell why (it would be op on 5v5)

Should we not have a toned down version of Blackfire in the works somewhere for 5v5 or am i just imagining all this and in reality that would break the game in some way???

HerPuppy

11-15-2012

no answer

RockJockey

11-15-2012

Options are limited for AP's, but it's even worse for AD champions IMO. I'm disregarding AD tanks and offtanks who have by far the wide number of health choices.

However, for pure-APs (such Annie), all you really need is RoA and Rylia's, combined costing 6140 gold. Those two combined have 1130 bonus Health and 160 AP. For comparison, a built Warmogs is 1270 HP at the cost of 3000 gold.
-On a different note, you can "increase" your health by choosing resistances like armor and magic resist. Frozen Heart, Abyssal Scepter, and Zhonya's Hourglass. Pick defensive items that can also boost your AP and/or CDR.