You can help design the next pirate!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Riot loves community involvement, and why not? If everyone wants something it's going to be made.

To that end I propose we all come together to make a pirate champion that we all dearly love. Now, I don't want this to become a We need a duck forum post, in the sense of silliness, but I definitely want the views. So, I am open to any idea for abilities, backstory, etc. Feel free to post individual abilities and also full sets or forum posts. Here is mine: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2793535

So begin the posts!

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Backstory and descriptions

Intellectional - And I think a ghost pirate would be an excellent design for an AP midder.

Darklightning

11-13-2012

Passive Ideas

(Intellectional - Set) Passive- Fighting Spirit: Bilge returns 15% of damage taken as physical damage, before resistances are applied.

Darklightning

11-13-2012

Abilities

Intellectional - SET: Bilge- the Brawler at Sea

Quote:
Q- Brutality: Bilge makes several thrusts with his harpoon gun in a cone in front of him, dealing more damage to enemies the less health they have. Bilge restores health for each kill made with this ability.

W- Harpoon Shot: Bilge fires his harpoon gun in a line. If it hits an enemy, it latches on, slowing both Bilge and the target and changing Bilge's skills. Q will pull the enemy back to Bilge. W will pull Bilge to the enemy. E will rip the harpoon out, shredding armor. The line lasts for 15 seconds, or until terminated by the usage of one of the abilities or the enemy moving out of range.

E- Swagger: Taunts the target, forcing them to attack Bilge for a few seconds.

Darklightning

11-13-2012

Ultimate

Quote:
R- Fighting Stance: Restores Bilge to 100% health, applying heavy armor and MR buffs, but also a heavy slow, that diminish slowly over 30 seconds.

Darklightning

11-13-2012

Game Theory

Quote:
I'm thinking he would probably be manaless, and while the CD's on most of his regular abilities would be normal-ish, the special ones he gets by using his W would be longer, so after he uses his pull, the next time he fires his harpoon, he might have to use his lunge or shred.

The passive and Q are jungling abilities, because the first time I thought this up he'd be pretty useless in jungle. I think this compensates. Maybe he's mad OP now, though. I dunno. Ratios could always be adjusted.

I've also got an interesting idea for a support, but I'll save that one for later.

TheHobbits - GAME THEORY
Quote:
I just had a brain orgasm as soon as i started reading this.

Think of a pirate like Davy Jones. Now of his huge Ghost Ship flying in for his ult. Possibly firing cannon balls or something.

Darklightning

11-13-2012

Full Set Ideas

Intellectional

Quote:
Bilge- the Brawler at Sea

Passive- Fighting Spirit: Bilge returns 15% of damage taken as physical damage, before resistances are applied.

Q- Brutality: Bilge makes several thrusts with his harpoon gun in a cone in front of him, dealing more damage to enemies the less health they have. Bilge restores health for each kill made with this ability.

W- Harpoon Shot: Bilge fires his harpoon gun in a line. If it hits an enemy, it latches on, slowing both Bilge and the target and changing Bilge's skills. Q will pull the enemy back to Bilge. W will pull Bilge to the enemy. E will rip the harpoon out, shredding armor. The line lasts for 15 seconds, or until terminated by the usage of one of the abilities or the enemy moving out of range.

R- Fighting Stance: Restores Bilge to 100% health, applying heavy armor and MR buffs, but also a heavy slow, that diminish slowly over 30 seconds.

---

I'm thinking he would probably be manaless, and while the CD's on most of his regular abilities would be normal-ish, the special ones he gets by using his W would be longer, so after he uses his pull, the next time he fires his harpoon, he might have to use his lunge or shred.

The passive and Q are jungling abilities, because the first time I thought this up he'd be pretty useless in jungle. I think this compensates. Maybe he's mad OP now, though. I dunno. Ratios could always be adjusted.

I've also got an interesting idea for a support, but I'll save that one for later.

Intellectional

11-13-2012

I'll give it a go. So, by "next pirate" I assume you're trying to gather ideas for a team involving Gangplank and MF, correct? Given that MF is a ranged AD carry, and GP's a melee carry/bruiser, this team would need an AP carry, a support, and a jungler/tank. I'm gonna go for the last one.

---

Passive- Fighting Spirit: Bilge returns 15% of damage taken as physical damage, before resistances are applied.

---

TheHobbits

11-13-2012

I just had a brain orgasm as soon as i started reading this.

Think of a pirate like Davy Jones. Now of his huge Ghost Ship flying in for his ult. Possibly firing cannon balls or something.

Sort of picture the line target system (Like Rumbles ult or Viktor's Laser) them make it a Wide line and a near global cast range.
You cast it along its path to cast fear into your enemy as it flies on through firing cannons and such.

Darklightning

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intellectional View Post
I'll give it a go. So, by "next pirate" I assume you're trying to gather ideas for a team involving Gangplank and MF, correct? Given that MF is a ranged AD carry, and GP's a melee carry/bruiser, this team would need an AP carry, a support, and a jungler/tank. I'm gonna go for the last one.

---

---

SUPPORT? Check out my idea: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2793535