Blackfire Broken

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

This Hurts You

Junior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
My problem with torch is that it helps people with poor AP ratios.....Exactly the kind of AP champs that are a good in dominion.
I do not think Torch is the right item to help dominion AP champs that are weak.
I don't claim to be a master balancer, but with that being the case I would think having the percent burn start weak but scale with AP would be a decent way to balance it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nome or Die

Game Designer

11-13-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Hurts You View Post
I don't claim to be a master balancer, but with that being the case I would think having the percent burn start weak but scale with AP would be a decent way to balance it.
This, or reducing the charge cap, would be the likely path to go.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZerkReaper

Member

11-13-2012

I concur.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rebel Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Did a game with Amumu where I build Blackfire Torch, Witchcap, and Odyn's....They had a Teemo...I had a triple kill...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LIOLIOLEO

Junior Member

11-13-2012

Soraka is a beast with it. Resistances + BFT + Q shred does insane damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOLIOLEO View Post
Soraka is a best with it. Resistances + BFT + Q shred does insane damage.
We had an epic test match, me and LIOLIO. Soraka is now definitely on par with this item.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
This, or reducing the charge cap, would be the likely path to go.
I would have to say that reducing the charge cap would be the best for turning this down. Turning down the burn however would certainly destroy its viability with certain champs. Consider the following: in terms of stats, most people did not build DFG or Hextech Sweeper pre-Zed (pre-Elise for DFG) patch though in some cases they offered the same stats, give or take a few (minus the mpen). Haunting Guise was rarely seen and niche on a select few.

Keep it viable, yet tune it down from 25 to like 15 or something. (Most people already had in mind that it would have a low charge cap, and were surprised when they found out it was 25.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

Senior Member

11-13-2012

honestly i think 15 stacks would be best that way. if you hit the whole enemy team with an aoe spell you're out of charges


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowsaint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

So far im loving this item and it honestly feels like the item casters have been waiting for. Its like the trinity force for mages and it makes many champs that have been forgotten viable again. Please dont hit any of the numbers on this thing PLEASE. Its just perfect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bierfaust

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsaint View Post
So far im loving this item and it honestly feels like the item casters have been waiting for. Its like the trinity force for mages and it makes many champs that have been forgotten viable again. Please dont hit any of the numbers on this thing PLEASE. Its just perfect.
So you want the game to be dominated by AP's now?

If this item remains as is, they will be heading back in time to when Burst AP's were the most powerful Champions. E.G. Annie with 3 kills is gg, or old old old school Vlad + Morde.

Granted that the game was more interesting back then, it was pretty annoying to be 3 shot every time you showed your face. Literally nothing you could do about it, especially when flash was nearly triple the range it is now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
So you want the game to be dominated by AP's now?

If this item remains as is, they will be heading back in time to when Burst AP's were the most powerful Champions. E.G. Annie with 3 kills is gg, or old old old school Vlad + Morde.

Granted that the game was more interesting back then, it was pretty annoying to be 3 shot every time you showed your face. Literally nothing you could do about it, especially when flash was nearly triple the range it is now.
I'm not sure you're talking about Blackfire Torch here. The item is strong, no doubt, but it's not THAT strong. Let's not exaggerate its strengths here. It's no pre-nerf DFG, and if you're getting 3 shotted by someone who has this item, either you're building glass or...well you're building glass.