Blackfire Broken

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

11-13-2012

The bruiser doesn't get bursted down before he gets close with these new items. He just takes more damage while killing the caster.

Veni13

11-13-2012

What kind of caster are we talking here? I was thinking LeBlanc, Ahri, Fizz, AP Nidalee, Ryze, Diana, Cass, Brand, Orianna. They already dealt decent damage from afar, now it looks like they'll have a 50-50 chance of winning a close combat duel.

Your point was that bruisers should *not* be tankier or deal more consistent DPS damage, yes?

MrSmileyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veni13 View Post
Squishies were meant to be played like assassins, or operate behind the team's front lines or kite bruisers. What's the point of a bruiser now, if he gets burst down before he can get close enough to said squishy to fight it "toe-to-toe"?

Kind of like an archer vs infantryman. An archer is not meant to own an infantryman in close combat, he's meant to keep his distance and not get caught. Those dynamics made sense to me. Granted, I haven't played post-patch, but what you're arguing for doesn't really stand up to closer scrutiny.
1) it doesn't make them able to stand toe to toe and tank it out with a bruiser...it just lets them hurt them, possibly kill them if they rotation right

2) This is for dom/tt where there are many more brawls, and ap don't have a level/gold advantage, they need some strong items to balance them in this mode. Bruisers have dominated for along time, maybe we can start see some semblance of team balance.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-13-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalfenrir View Post
When the S3 comes around and the full item changes are rolled out I'm fairly certain that Haunting Guise and BFT will share the same unique named passive. With pen getting changed in S3 I doubt they would allow for players to get 4 items that give flat mpen
Yep. I'm testing the waters with allowing both simulataneously (if you play TT, likewise with Brutalizer and LVD's Pillager), but there's a good chance they will be mutually exclusive come S3.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
People are just not used to casters being able to fight bruisers, or catch them.
This

konfetarius

11-13-2012

Quote:
Your point was that bruisers should *not* be tankier or deal more consistent DPS damage, yes?
Yes, actually. Ideally they should be tankier, but do less damage, but failing that, I'll take parity in terms of AP's becoming AP bruisers through itemization.

Quote:
Yep. I'm testing the waters with allowing both simulataneously (if you play TT, likewise with Brutalizer and LVD's Pillager), but there's a good chance they will be mutually exclusive come S3.
Eh? Isn't the whole point of S3 survivability changes to buff pure HP stack as opposed to resist stack, thus making flat pen stack naturally weaker?

Malah

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
ITEM TIER LIST:

Why-don't-they-ever-listen-to-feedback,-now-we-have-to-endure-8-more-months-before-this-gets-balanced Tier:
Blackfire Torch.
That was fast.

So the question at this point: Mummy with torch or Teemo with torch?

JustAGhost

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by llDeathCowll View Post
Doesnt that sound like something that should be done on a test server?
>Implying anyone plays Dominion on the PBE

I've waited over an hour for a Dom match once. Believe me, they wouldn't have been able to test it there at all.

WaterD103

11-13-2012

My problem with torch is that it helps people with poor AP ratios.....Exactly the kind of AP champs that are a good in dominion.
I do not think Torch is the right item to help dominion AP champs that are weak.

llDeathCowll

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmileyy View Post
tried to dom on test servers? waited 40 mins, nothing, even when there were the item additions

Thats really not the point. The live server shouldn't be a testing ground, if you can't populate a test server then you need to work on that, rather than just using the live server as a testing ground.

12345678 ... 11