Blackfire Broken

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

11-13-2012

When you are nerfing it, please nerf the passive proc and not the other stats. This item is basically what the doctor ordered for AP in terms of giving us CDR and another flat mpen option.

DiscworldDeath

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicleX View Post
It's fine as it is. The problem is that is a spellpen item that can potentially give damage equal to deathcap/woogles. The only ones I have seen complain about it are the ones that don't buy MR, People are just not used to casters being able to fight bruisers, or catch them.

Sweeper/Blackfire/Woogles has solved alot of the item issues casters have in one fell swoop. Nothing overpowered about that but every jax and his jayce will complain about it, they are not used to dying.
Do you hear what you're saying?
AP Burst champions are not designed to be as fast, as tanky, and able to output as much consistent DPS as bruisers. Especially having usually more CC, more AoE, and more burst as part of their innate kits.

If the situation is that any and all APs can stand up to all bruisers toe-to-toe, 1v1, then clearly something's wrong.

Tempestphile

11-13-2012

I think this item puts some champ like Teemo over the top, just...

But in general, it's not as bad as it seems, i believe

MrSmileyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by llDeathCowll View Post
Doesnt that sound like something that should be done on a test server?
tried to dom on test servers? waited 40 mins, nothing, even when there were the item additions

Elalya

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
Meh, I think Blackfire is overrated. It's a really good item but I think the LoL community really overestimates the power of % health damage. It really doesn't end up being all that much when you factor in resistances.
You realize that it has mpen on it.

konfetarius

11-13-2012

Quote:
AP Burst champions are not designed to be as fast, as tanky, and able to output as much consistent DPS as bruisers. Especially having usually more CC, more AoE, and more burst as part of their innate kits.
So, bruisers should be tankier, faster, and do more damage than casters? Why have casters? Don't tell me burst, bruisers have fantastic burst against squishies.

If it wasn't for the necessity of having multiple damage sources, I don't think anyone would ever actually use casters in Dominion. AoE is glorious until you realize it's balanced around SR farm and blue buff/elixir making up holes in CDR itemization. CC? There is enough CC between supports/tanks/bruisers.

VoidInsanity

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
If the situation is that any and all APs can stand up to all bruisers toe-to-toe, 1v1, then clearly something's wrong.
That isn't the situation though, but now they take damage at least

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

BFT seems strong at the moment. This may be because we are unused to ap casters being able to output the amount of damage that bruisers can. If it swings too far the other way i can see it being a problem, but i don't really have an issue with casters being able to fight bruisers. Now, it did get a bit extreme earlier with a katarina who just rushed that, guise, abyssal, and sorc shoes and did stupid amounts of damage, going i think 17/3 in the first ten minutes or so? and i haven't even run into a teemo yet.

Veni13

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
So, bruisers should be tankier, faster, and do more damage than casters? Why have casters? Don't tell me burst, bruisers have fantastic burst against squishies.

If it wasn't for the necessity of having multiple damage sources, I don't think anyone would ever actually use casters in Dominion. AoE is glorious until you realize it's balanced around SR farm and blue buff/elixir making up holes in CDR itemization. CC? There is enough CC between supports/tanks/bruisers.
Squishies were meant to be played like assassins, or operate behind the team's front lines or kite bruisers. What's the point of a bruiser now, if he gets burst down before he can get close enough to said squishy to fight it "toe-to-toe"?

Kind of like an archer vs infantryman. An archer is not meant to own an infantryman in close combat, he's meant to keep his distance and not get caught. Those dynamics made sense to me. Granted, I haven't played post-patch, but what you're arguing for doesn't really stand up to closer scrutiny.

Metalfenrir

11-13-2012

When the S3 comes around and the full item changes are rolled out I'm fairly certain that Haunting Guise and BFT will share the same unique named passive. With pen getting changed in S3 I doubt they would allow for players to get 4 items that give flat mpen

1234567 ... 11