Nyx87's Bot Lane Counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Thx for putting this together

Also Jax counters Diana
No problem, sorry it's still a work in progress. Also, Diana can actually beat Jax when played properly.

Quote:
I have had very little success countering Yorick as Nasus.
You can suggest trying to use Siphoning Strike on his ghouls, but trust me, it's really not as effective as it sounds.

Also, does Fiora not make the list? Not really a bottom laning champion, but she's still missing.
Fiora Added.

Yorick either gives Nasus free farm by not spamming abilities, or gives Nasus Ghouls to farm his SS. Either way, Nasus will eventually outscale him. I will give that it is a Razor's Edge that Nasus walks in that lane.

Volandum

11-13-2012

Are you sure that AD Malzahar beats Diana?

Gangplank is also countered by ranged carries, as are Galio and Cass.

How does Anivia beat Ezreal or Renekton?

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that certain AD carries beat AD Malzahar, if they have strong aoe and good range/mobility.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

that's why the first time i was facerolled by Ad malza, i was playing Diana on that match up!! :O

Ahlen

11-13-2012

Darius is pretty solid bot too, can beat jax pre 15-18 with early brute into FH.

MMKH

11-13-2012

It seems that it takes another OP to counter a specific OP lol. You also might want to add Nunu as a counter to more champs. IMO Singed counters a lot of melee champs too when played well.

Arcades79

11-14-2012

I disagree that Maokai is a counter to AD Malz (the spin up time on Twisted Advance makes placing and using Null Zone incredibly easy). Maybe when they remove FoN it will be more difficult to sustain against Maokai, but I don't see him as much of a threat right now when I bot lane with AD Malz.

I see AD Malz on your list as a counter to Diana. I actually think its the other way around. AD Malz likes to work at mid to extreme range and let his pets chew the opposition down (until he ult combos, at least). Which plays right into the hands of Diana's range. Null Zone can be rough for Diana, but her shield mitigates a lot of that damage and she has incredible burst/chase.

Nyx87

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades79 View Post
I disagree that Maokai is a counter to AD Malz (the spin up time on Twisted Advance makes placing and using Null Zone incredibly easy). Maybe when they remove FoN it will be more difficult to sustain against Maokai, but I don't see him as much of a threat right now when I bot lane with AD Malz.

I see AD Malz on your list as a counter to Diana. I actually think its the other way around. AD Malz likes to work at mid to extreme range and let his pets chew the opposition down (until he ult combos, at least). Which plays right into the hands of Diana's range. Null Zone can be rough for Diana, but her shield mitigates a lot of that damage and she has incredible burst/chase.
Maokai's base damage and AoE is enough to kill the Voidlings quickly while also being in Malz face. That with his Ult and Passive make it very difficult for Malz to kill him or even survive high aggression.

AD Malz vs Diana is a tough match-up for both champs, but Malz comes out on top because of his Ranged Silence. Malz can also push the lane with Visions+Q+Voidlings, which will generally bounce to Diana since she is melee. In general, Malz has the advantage, although it's not a "I roll my face on the keyboard and win" bot lane.

Recycled EU

11-14-2012

Just to add a few counters in here.
For the Jax counters, cass is more an early-mid counter, she can deal with him rather well UNTIL THEN, after that point, she's buggered. For actual Jax counters, I'd say the key candidates were:
AD malzahar
Riven(Push one creep in the wave before he does, and that lane's snowballing in your favour baby), Darius (On equal farm terms, Darius has his way with jax at all points in the game till around the 18+ minute mark, and that's assuming EQUAL farm, when Darius will generally be higher, also has a much stronger push)
And for another early through mid counter, although he WILL be outscaled sooner than Darius and Cass, Pantheon.

And with my love of Darius, I'll point out that post 6-7 with speed shrine abuse and a wardens mail, he can dive and destroy an ezrael for the remainder of the game. EDIT: And Kog'maw too, noticed you had him up there with pretty much just Nunu countering it. Try anyone with a hard push, the ability to acquire a wardens / FH, and folks that enjoy dunking.

FOODFOOD

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Maokai's base damage and AoE is enough to kill the Voidlings quickly while also being in Malz face. That with his Ult and Passive make it very difficult for Malz to kill him or even survive high aggression.

AD Malz vs Diana is a tough match-up for both champs, but Malz comes out on top because of his Ranged Silence. Malz can also push the lane with Visions+Q+Voidlings, which will generally bounce to Diana since she is melee. In general, Malz has the advantage, although it's not a "I roll my face on the keyboard and win" bot lane.
This is pretty well said, and a case of: If given equal skill levels, Malz would slightly have an edge. However, if it's a good Diana vs an average Malz, the Diana will most likely win. I think in this situation, AD Malz wouldn't really be considered a "counter" to Diana, because it's still going to be very close. He just has better odds.