30 minute penalty for dodging during champ selection? That is ****ing stupid.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Am Squeak

11-13-2012

I dodged a game during champ selection in a 5v5 ranked solo-q because our first pick was trolling hard, and now I have to wait a full 30 minutes to join another game. That length of time as a punishment severely outweighs the few moments of wasted time the other people in that game lose while they join the next game.

In my opinion this needs to be fixed immediately, or something implemented to deal with trolls......

SpAceWaffLeS

11-13-2012

Well you wasted 9 people's time.

Including their Q time + champ select time.

If all that total was like 3 minutes per person... you deserved 30 minutes at least.

__

Also, yes there is that rare occasion where your game crashes and you dodge, or there is a massive, obvious troll on your team.

But that dodge penalty also does not have an ELO loss. Imagine if it was like a 5 minute wait. I would dodge every single time I felt my team was weaker during champ select.

Now imagine that x9.. now imagine never, ever getting into a game.

A12MO12

11-13-2012

working as intended

coffee addict

11-13-2012

Better than losing elo

I Am Squeak

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAceWaffLeS View Post

If all that total was like 3 minutes per person... you deserved 30 minutes at least.

__

Also, yes there is that rare occasion where your game crashes and you dodge, or there is a massive, obvious troll on your team.

But that dodge penalty also does not have an ELO loss. Imagine if it was like a 5 minute wait. I would dodge every single time I felt my team was weaker during champ select.

Now imagine that x9.. now imagine never, ever getting into a game.
I understand that I wasted 9 people's time, and I accept that I should face some punishment for that. But the queue right now is less than a minute, and maybe a couple minutes wasted during selection. I'm alright with the old 5 minute penalty, or even 10 minutes because I dodged a ranked game. But 30 minutes not being able to play even an unranked game is not a fair punishment.

Blaine Tog

11-13-2012

It's the best we have right now. Being trolled sucks, but there can't be an exploitable system to get out of being counterpicked.

Molester

Recruiter

11-13-2012

I don't think the penalty should be removed, nor should it last over 10-15 minutes
You can argue that dodging wastes some peoples' time, but how is it fair to get stuck with a troll and be forced to play out that unpleasant game?

BlueQuail

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAceWaffLeS View Post

That's still just 3 minutes real time then

Blaine Tog

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueQuail View Post
That's still just 3 minutes real time then
3x9=27, though. Holding up traffic for 5 minutes is a bigger deal when you do it on a major interstate than on a sideroad that sees one or two cars at a time.

Eleshakai

11-13-2012

In normals, when I have to dodge, I only get a 5 minute penalty. Another advantage normals have over ranked.