Why do we have to suffer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PR Fuzzybutt

11-13-2012

All the changes coming into the season 3 are fun and all, but there is one thing that still needs improvement.

Why don`t we have a system yet that pardons people who are desperately trying to be competitive and rise in the Elo ranks?

As off this moment, me and my friend have lost exactly 3 games due to people going afk since the very start of the match. I mean come on, is it THAT hard to come up with a system that pardons your loss due to a clear evidence of a player that was reported that game for AFk and caught by the leaver buster?

If not what can we do? I personally have a dream to be on stage and make it to competitive play. Whatever it takes in this season I want to get there, but it does not matter how good you are as an individual in a team game. And guess what? I takes 1 person, 1 afk, to shatter the hopes of 4 other players.

Selcopa

11-13-2012

I've won more 4v5s than you have lost. I've also lost many more than you. And furthermore. I've lost more 5v4s than you have lost 4v5

And still I'm higher elo than you. Your argument is invalid. The problem is you. Yo wanna make it to the big stage? Stop blaming your teammates and start getting better

nwsm

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
I've won more 4v5s than you have lost. I've also lost many more than you. And furthermore. I've lost more 5v4s than you have lost 4v5

And still I'm higher elo than you. Your argument is invalid. The problem is you. Yo wanna make it to the big stage? Stop blaming your teammates and start getting better
This. I'm not good at all and I've realized this. If you want to be able to climb the elo system, you must be good enough to carry your teammates. While 5v4s are unfortunate and usually end in a loss, you have to get over it. Don't expect Riot to forgive losses every time you think one of your teammates is bad.

Do you really think the teams that are currently at the top climbed through elo and never played a game 5v4? If you're good enough to play competitively, you will pull yourself through.

Good luck.

Tsabras

11-13-2012

If you are duo queing or even solo que, the chance of having an AFK on your team are far less than on their team. Statically speaking, overtime you will get far less AFKers on your team compared to the opposing team. It's not a valid complaint because if you play enough games, eventually you'll be at the ELO you deserve to be at.

Larrythetapist

11-13-2012

elo system has to be a zero-sum in order to have a meaning.

so if we pardon 4v5 elo losses, then you would also have to not gain elo for winning 5v4's, and that would make people more pissed.

Shelaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post

That comment is not needed, sorry were all not godly like you. and have to deal with the scrapings of the bottom of the barrel that ranked que gives us. So unless you actually have something beneficial to say, please, keep your mouth shut.

Selcopa

11-13-2012

The point is that I'm not godly. Ever heard of me? No. I'm nobody, but it's easily possible. ESPECIALLY if this guy wants to make it to the show. He needs to stop making excuses and get better. The fact is he is complaining about a situation that everyone encounters. Including high elo players. And they are still high elo. So he better figure out what they are doing that he isn't.

It isn't godly or magic, its the fact that I'm much better at capitalising on every little mistakes that occurs. That's not magic. That's practice. Get better and you won't even need to complain about 4v5s

As far as the bottom of the barrel. Again you act as if I don't know what it's like. But the problem with that is I've played more games at every elo bracket than you have played at yours. So you really have no idea what you are talking about. Everyone has a right to a terrible opinion. But if you wanna gr t better. You'd change yours