Is this really punishable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vulgarwolf

11-13-2012

thats intional feeding in my book

AlwaysUsesAnivia

11-14-2012

Yet another false positive.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Yet another case... one bad game = ban by the new tribunal.

Arador

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbitlauncher View Post
I'm trying to avoid comparing the two systems. Apples and oranges, as it were.

I am attacking the misconception that a couple outliers (cases like this one) mean that the system is flawed inherently. I was drawing parallels between false positives (like this case) and false positives in the wide world outside.

We both agree that a punishment levied against this Ashe player is deplorable. But it does not mean the system should be done away with. Rather, if possible it should be refined, or Riot should continue listening to us by at least picking out cases like this one and reversing the punishment.
I like your stance here. The system should be refined. I've got a thread up right now about a recent "double jeopardy" ban - I was suspended for a game that occurred 3 months prior to a previous suspension.

The system might work 99% of the time, but someone needs to watch out for that 1% that gets screwed!

Blutarsky Blues

11-14-2012

bump for red post on this

Jailhousesmile

11-14-2012

We need a red on this...

Looking at that case makes me wish they had a tribunal set aside for low level players or they specified what summoner level the case you are reviewing is. It's pretty unfair (not to mention likely bad for business) to punish new players because smurfs expect everyone to just "know the game".

Jailhousesmile

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrox View Post
Would punish for troll build and lack of communication.
In that case you didn't read the chat logs and have no place passing judgement in the Tribunal.

Blutarsky Blues

11-14-2012

bump come on lyte give us info on this case that is worrisome to many

Jezzakai

11-14-2012

copied and pasted from the Trib FAQ

Can I be banned for not playing the meta?
Players are not banned by the Tribunal for not playing the meta; they are banned for consistently creating negative experiences for others.

We have data suggesting that reviewers of Tribunal cases are very thoughtful and accurate in their verdicts, so if you were reported for not playing the meta but were being a positive player, you can expect to be judged fairly.

In general, players should feel empowered to play what they want and to try new strategies; however, this does not give you a license to be disrespectful or rude to your fellow gamers.

now im my opinion if any toon that has ability power ratios on an ability, you can get AP items. Ashe's Ult scales off of AP.

and if this is really a level 5-10 game thats a shame. riot we need to see player's levels. i can honestly remember when i 1st started playing i got ability power items not know that it doesnt work on AD toons. i wanted Lee Sin's abilities to hit harder. who knows maybe this person was thinking the same thing.

Blutarsky Blues

11-15-2012

bump