Kayles "Instant" attack, blessing or a curse?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kthnxbai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigrat View Post
The more the player "turns" the closer those projectiles will "bunch" together.

Ever played diablo 2? Slow missiles + Guided arrow.
your attacks are still going off at a steady pace. if they see them in the air, they can counterplay whatever you're doing more easily. then can shield themselves before taking hits. they can run away and have the shots hit at a more spread out fashion.

you are thinking if a champion attacks VERY quickly, allowing them to apply burst damage in a set time in the future. now my question is, why would you want damage in the future as opposed to now?

the matter is simple. you are still attacking at the same amount of time spam (lets say twice).

long animation scenario (assuming they are moving towards you so that both shots "burst"):

_ _ _ 0 0 _

no animation scenario:
0 _ _ 0 _ _

notice that the killing blow occurs first in the no animation scenario. that's time longer for your opponent to react

Isaelia

11-13-2012

New topic: how many people need to disagree with the OP before he/she stops defending their nonsense idea?

Pigrat

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthnxbai View Post
your attacks are still going off at a steady pace. if they see them in the air, they can counterplay whatever you're doing more easily. then can shield themselves before taking hits. they can run away and have the shots hit at a more spread out fashion.

you are thinking if a champion attacks VERY quickly, allowing them to apply burst damage in a set time in the future. now my question is, why would you want damage in the future as opposed to now?

How often do you see vaynes projectiles in the air before they hit you?

Speaking of vayne... her "slow" projectiles are actually even stronger with her knockback. She can preload bolts into the air, THEN knock you back.

Pigrat

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaelia View Post
New topic: how many people need to disagree with the OP before he/she stops defending their nonsense idea?

I cant imagine ever respecting a person that instantly stopped "defending their idea" (Discussing the concept), when someone disagreed with them.

Thats a horrible way to live your life.

Pigrat

11-13-2012

Quote:

the matter is simple. you are still attacking at the same amount of time spam (lets say twice).

long animation scenario (assuming they are moving towards you so that both shots "burst"):

_ _ _ 0 0 _

no animation scenario:
0 _ _ 0 _ _

notice that the killing blow occurs first in the no animation scenario. that's time longer for your opponent to react

Now imagine that kayles Q was instant, and her attack was a projectile.

Seriously just take a minute to imagine it.

:|

kthnxbai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-13-2012

Quote:
How often do you see vaynes projectiles in the air before they hit you?

Speaking of vayne... her "slow" projectiles are actually even stronger with her knockback. She can preload bolts into the air, THEN knock you back.
i don't need to see the bolts. i can SEE her auto attacking me. i can COUNT the number of times she autos me and i can act accordingly to that. against inexperienced players, they can't do this of course.

it's like, would you rather have all of ignite's damage at once or spread out like it is now. some would argue that they'd prefer as it is now to "bait" out a flash but good players will know how muh damage ignite is doing and will not flash in this case

pochoclotot

11-13-2012

They shouldn't be getting away if you have your Q and W

Pigrat

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochoclotot View Post
They shouldn't be getting away if you have your Q and W

Sure they should. Q takes time to fly through the air + any blink or dash.

kthnxbai

Recruiter

11-13-2012

Quote:
Now imagine that kayles Q was instant, and her attack was a projectile.

Seriously just take a minute to imagine it.

:|
do you mean so that her attack will get the bonus amp damage instead of having a few "wasted" because of the slow animation on her Q? the problem here is the projectile of the Q, not instant damage from her autos.

think about it. if Q were instant, you would not run into this problem. if both were projectiles you wouldn't either. the question is, though, would you prefer the damage now or later. the answer is NOW. you're basically arguing against your own point

Pigrat

11-13-2012

Quote:
do you mean so that her attack will get the bonus amp damage instead of having a few "wasted" because of the slow animation on her Q? the problem here is the projectile of the Q, not instant damage from her autos.

think about it. if Q were instant, you would not run into this problem. if both were projectiles you wouldn't either. the question is, though, would you prefer the damage now or later. the answer is NOW. you're basically arguing against your own point

That was just for illustration. If both her Q AND her autoattacks were projectiles with flight time, she would STILL be more optimal than the current state.

Because you could

Q + 2 auto attacks

Q would hit and then 2 auto attacks would hit regardless of whether you're in range.

Currently if you're in range for Q, your Q is still flying in the air while your auto attacks hit.

ALl of that is ignoring the reaction thing. People watch their health bars more than anything else. When health is "subtracted instantly" they're more prone to react.