Lad Ring: What would you do with a drunken sailor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

So... thanks for visiting the thread!

Here is what I'm hoping for:
- You'll love my idea and will comment specifically on why and then have others view and comment on it as well.
- You'll see potential in my idea and make suggestions to make it more balanced.
- You have questions about my idea that I need to clarify, and so you'll comment
- You're with Riot and you'll take my full idea to completion in game (the numbers can change but the concept behind the numbers will remain in tact.)

Lad Ring - The Drunken Sailor

Background – Lad Ring will never admit it, but his love of the sea and the love of his grog were not enough to keep him from entering the League of Legends as a champion. It had made quite a stir in the den of pirates known as Bilgewater to hear of one of their own representing them, but Lad Ring had paid little attention to Gangplank’s endeavors. He had ignored much of the talk about the tournament until news came of a young woman named Sarah who trusted no pirate, yet called herself one. Lad Ring’s curiosity turned to admiration as he discovered more about her and determined to win her over despite her attitude towards pirates by joining the League of Legends.

Quotes
JOKE: What do you do with a drunken sailor… WHY, give him more grog!
TAUNT: Why not slow down and have a drink?
DANCE: A staggered movement back and forth as if he is about to walk in all four directions at any moment.

Role – Support / Melee (Maybe, AP Mage)
Drunken Stagger (Innate Passive) – Lad Ring’s drunken walk decreases his enemies ability to damage him or control his movements.

Armor and Magic Resistance are raised by 5% / 10% / 15% and receives a bonus to tenacity of 5 / 10 / 15 after activating an ability for 1 / 1.5 / 2 seconds, does not stack.

(Q) Caltrop Trap – Lad Ring tosses Caltrops down on the ground around him. Enemies walking over caltrops take damage and are slowed.
COOLDOWN: 16
COST: 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 Mana
PHYSICAL DAMAGE FROM CALTROPS: 16 / 26 / 36 / 46 / 56 (+ 24% Bonus Damage)
SLOW: 15% / 20% / 25% / 30% / 35%
DIAMETER OF CALTROP TRAP: 500
DIAMETER OF ACTIVATION: 150
DURATION OF CALTROP TRAP: 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 seconds (Caltrops are not cleared as enemies walk over them.)

(W) Grenadoe – Lad Ring lights a Grenadoe and throws it at an enemy.
- The first press of the skill button lights the Grenadoe, within the next five seconds he can throw it with a second press of the skill button where it will land on the ground at the cursor’s position.
- The Grenadoe will explode within 5 seconds of the first skill button press, whether that is in his hand, in the air or on the ground.

RANGE: Up to 850
COOLDOWN: 3 / 2.75 / 2.5 / 2.25 / 2
COST: 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 Mana
MAGIC DAMAGE: 37 / 60 / 82 / 105 / 127.5 (+ 64% AP)
EXPLOSION RADIUS: 150
THROW SPEED: 1700

(E) Grapple – Lad Ring jabs a stake into the ground and throws his grappling hook to a nearby wall or structure.
- Any champion that walks through it trips the trap and is snared. Limit 1 trap on the map at any given time.
- Ability can snare multiple targets provided they are within 150 radius of the trip wire.
- Spells and summoner abilities that blink circumvent this spell. e.g. flash or Ahri’s ultimate.

RANGE: 1300
COOLDOWN: 28 / 24 / 19 / 15 / 11
COST: 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120 mana
TRAP DURATION: Up to 8 minutes or until activated
STUN DURATION: 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3
VISION: No persistent vision; enemy revealed for duration of stun after activation

Scout (Ultimate) – Lad Ring calls for one of his pet rats to scout around.
- Lad Ring receives 1 rank in his Ultimate at level 1.

SUMMONING: Lad Ring can summon a rat to scout ever 70 / 35 / 17.5 seconds. Lad Ring can only ever keep 1 rat at a time.
- If the ultimate key is pressed when a rat is present and ultimate is on cool down, the rat will move to the cursor’s current location.
- If the ultimate key is pressed when a rat is present and ultimate is off cool down, the rat will move to the cursor’s current location and be healed to 100%.

- If the ultimate key is pressed when the rat is gone and the ultimate is off cool down, a rat leaves Lad Ring’s side and heads to the mouse cursor’s position

Passive: If his pet rat is within a radius of 800 of him, Lad Ring can focus better on the battle and gains 10% / 15% / 20% armor/magic penetration.

HEALTH: 200 + (50 level).
ARMOR: 30 / 45 / 60
MAGIC RESISTANCE: 40 / 60 / 80
MOVEMENT SPEED: 300 / 380 / 451
RANGE OF TRAVEL: 2500 / 4000 / 5500
VISION: Same as Wards

EDITS
- Adjusted AP and AD ratios for Q and W
- Removed Damage from W

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Reserved for Future Use.

Blumpkin91

11-13-2012

Only good idea is having a tripwire.
His Q and W do no damage at all, and his W can even do damage to himself.
His name is Lad Ring...waah?
His ultimate is a ward that moves, so basically just worse than TF ult.
We need moar pirates, but not this one.

Darklightning

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumpkin91 View Post
Only good idea is having a tripwire.
His Q and W do no damage at all, and his W can even do damage to himself.
His name is Lad Ring...waah?
His ultimate is a ward that moves, so basically just worse than TF ult.
We need moar pirates, but not this one.
I can't thank you enough for taking the time to respond!

Here are my thoughts:

He is not a burst damage champion, perhaps I shouldn't list him as a AP mage. He is designed to support lanes.

He can throw up the trip wire behind the enemy to prevent escape or in front of a tower so that the champions cannot attack it for a period of time or behind the tower to prevent them from chasing a hero past the tower. Or he can block off river access to a lane without the use of flash or a blink type spell. He is designed to control the area he is in by demotivating the other team from going somewhere.

His damage is there, just deceiving. His Grenadoe ability actually is the same damage output as Zigs bouncing bomb, just halved costs / cooldown / damage. So it can be used more frequently. He can take damage but that's only if he doesn't throw it. He has 5 seconds to get rid of it. I think generally, this would not be an issue, perhaps the damage received needs to be lowered?

The same is true for Caltrop Trap, which does not go away as people walk over it unlike Ziggs minefield. The result is you can hit every champion with it if they walk through it, not just the tank.

Think of the power of having a moving ward. You could guard dragon while you were by the tower, then move him closer to the lane as you pushed. Stick him by enemy blue/red so your jungler knows when to counter-jungle.

That said, I changed up the ratios for his first two spells.

Love more feedback!

SephirothWontDie

11-13-2012

i do like him, but the grandoe should not punish himself. i mean, if somone is chasing him, it might be a good idea to hold onto the grenadoe so that the enemy chasing will take damage if they are close enough. also, if he is fighting in melee range, why take the time to throw it when he can just hold onto it and fight? with this in mind, i think you should remove the damage he takes from the grenadoe altogether.
i also think that the caltrops, if they dont already, should do damage over time for as long as people stand on/in them.
the tripwire is good.
the ultimate.... i think it could do more. so, he summons a rat to ward places for him. i think that, while the passive on it is cool, you should be able to send the rat onto an enemy, causing it to deal physical damage over time or even magic damage over time for as long as it remains on the target, up to 10 seconds, maybe less, i dont know. it could also poison the enemy, increasing the magic damage they take for 3 seconds each time the rat deals damage to them. additionally, the rat can not be killed if it is on a target enemy champion. the rat can still ward, but it should also deal some form of damage i think, and the range for it being able to stay on an enemy should be smaller than the distance it can go if it were just walking.

theres my feedback, hope it serves you well. also, i would appreciate it if you could take a look at mine? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2766854

Darklightning

11-21-2012

Sephiroth. I agree my ult needs to do something more than ward. Not sure though, if I like the idea of it attacking champions. Perhaps it attacks any minions / monsters that are attacking him? If it dies it basically smites anything in the area? Cooldown of 70 seconds?

170 views and no more feedback?