Re-open the thread saying banned for emotes!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mecha Whitebeard

11-13-2012

Diana [All] [00:03:03] poppy can you stop
Diana [All] [00:03:09] thats really ******y

Excitement

Recruiter

11-13-2012

This is really a reportable and suspendable offense? WTF?

Schade88

11-13-2012

I really dont see a single instance in his case that would require punishment, if you provide this as in game content and he used it then why is he banned for using it? It makes no sense, but i am sure a red will respond and say due to his toxic behavior in other games and another pending case we feel that his ban is justified.

RavenMagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

News flash: It is possible to be annoying by spamming taunts when people ask you to stop, just as you can be annoying when spamming chat.

Retsopmi

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
Seriously, there is a thread that was just closed because a player got banned for using in game taunts IN GAME TAUNTS!

Tribunal crossed the line on this and it needs to be out in the open.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5930455/#nogo

No one asked him to stop, no one complained after 3 minutes of game 1 and not at all in any other game. but they reported at end of game. This isn't right, in game emotes should NOT be a punishable offense. EVER

Edited for people who take everything too literally.
Spamming is spamming. A player shouldn't have to be asked to stop something. They should know better in the first place.

3 games that player had multiple reports after the game for constant spamming. It's no different then the ping spammers that hit that all game. It's annoying and hurts the game for the rest of the team.

smilefase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Lol you can get banned for emotes now?

Inb4 Riot makes up bull**** about him trolling or something in champ select.

th3chosenone

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy1 View Post
Look at the first 5 or 6 lines of game 1, then tell me no one told him to stop.
Its part of the game and if you called me a ****** for doing an emote, you're an ******* and I would just do it more.

Forrun

11-13-2012

The solution, obviously, should be to make the ignore function disable enemy emotes as well.

Gewcebawcks

11-13-2012

My 2 cents:

This is punishable.

Reason 1: This is an ARAM game. ARAMs are normally a bit more care free and less serious than ranked or normal games. Someone spamming audio all game can be annoying (trust me, see below) and since everyone is in all chat, and people were asking to stop, and you didn't, you were ruining their gaming experience. Violation of Summoner Code, punish warranted.

Reason 2: Had this been ranked or normal, I would have a different opinion. I often times will (not spam mind you) use the taunts/laughs/jokes to rattle my opponents. Especially with my main, Lux... dat /laugh... Not only can it cause stress and annoy my lane opponents, but you can also take pressure off of other lanes: Say your top is getting double teamed by their top and jungler. If you're in mid with Lux, let's say, and you're spamming /laugh after every damage or kill... I guarantee you... the jungler will start coming mid more often, or mid will become more aggressive and make mistakes. It's a viable tactic and there isn't anything in the summoner code strictly saying "do not spam things we put in the game".

Keep old thread closed. Close this one. Punishment warranted. Tribunal working as intended. /thread

Shadeykris

11-13-2012

"It's part of the game" and "the game allows you to do it" is a terrible defense. The game allows you to do a lot of things, including:

-spamming bad words in chat
-saying negative things to your teammate
-buying five pairs of boots
-running into turrets over and over

There's nothing physically stopping you from doing any of these activities. Using the chat isn't wrong. Using the store isn't wrong. Even taking turret aggro isn't wrong - in the right situation. WHAT do you with these things is what matters - context.

If someone got perma banned for this I'd be on their side, but they weren't, they got warned. Even if the Summoner's code was a single line: "Don't be a dick." this would fall under that.