Question on Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopinator View Post
So since most junglers follow the same 1-8 pattern early and most people dont ward early wouldnt counter jungling them while they take the red buff be a good time to try for an early kill as long as you know where the other 4 are?
Some junglers are slower than others. Stealing a blue dependant junglers buffs can set them behind and as the jungle buffs have a set 5 minute spawn you usuallly know when it will be up (spawns at 1:55 so it will be up around 7 minutes). Be ready to run into more than one of their team though.

Counter jungling is risky for some junglers. Unless you are fast you leave yourself open to be caaught.

If for instance you are jungling Alistar, you can attempt a gank right at level 2 (starting wolves and then grabbing blue). The same goes for champions that start red.

It's all situational to who you are jungling as, annd who the enemy jungle is.

Chopinator

11-13-2012

Dumb questions here, I got the Lantern but sadly I could not figure out how to use the ward that comes with it..... How do I use it?

Chopinator

11-13-2012

Also, I cant clear a jungle without going back or taking potions with me, do you have to be higher than level 10 before you start trying it?

Fs Son0fSilas

11-13-2012

Quote:
So you rely on your team to ward for you ?

The fact that I want to practice jungling and am a Level 10 means that no one wards in PVP or Coop vs AI. Should I practice placing them myself or will that hurt my build order ?

Is it a good idea when running top mid or bot that I put up wards just to get in the habit?

Again I ask if I am t, m or b what time should I be putting them up? (2 min, 5, 8, 10 ? )
The hardest part about jungling a level 10 (or any early levels) is that your team might not know what to do with a jungler on the team. Chances are top lane will be facing a 2v1 and on top of that, you don't really have runes or masteries yet. This doesn't mean you shouldn't, but at least make your top lane aware of the situation. Best if you invite someone to queue with you. That way you have better communication between the two of you. Practicing to together before hand will give you better success in pvp.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-13-2012

Quote:
Also, I cant clear a jungle without going back or taking potions with me, do you have to be higher than level 10 before you start trying it?
You're most likely suffering from the fact that you don't have the added armor, damage reduction, and hp that comes from not having points in the defense tree. On top of not having armor runes.

Another issue might be how hard your team is leashing for you. What this means is you have someone deal the initial damage on the camp. Without the added damage from a few team members you can end up losing a lot of health. If your are getting leashed, be careful that the camp loses aggro and "resets'

As far as "when" to ward, it's whenever a ward isn't placed, or if a ward is about to expire.

"Where" to ward is a bit harder to explain here. However a quick "ward tutorial" search should answer that.

MadTenuki

11-13-2012

Quote:
Dumb questions here, I got the Lantern but sadly I could not figure out how to use the ward that comes with it..... How do I use it?
Wriggle's Lantern is an active, so click on the item or hit the hotkey associated with it (1-6 depending on item slot it's in) then click where you want the ward.

And yeah, jungling with level 10 masteries is hard unless a) you have teammates that help leash and b) someone with high sustain like fiddlesticks or nunu.