Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ash Khan Shuvo

11-15-2012

The designers of pulsefire should contribute and make a skin for darius.

I thought the bioforge skin was really cool and ended up buying it, however ingame he looks just like singed, there is nothing special about it

Zer0HP

11-15-2012

So every time Maokai gets a new sapling from now on it warrants 1350 then? Malzahar's voidling too? etc.. etc.. pff! wtfever. Ain't playin that sh*t. Darius skin 520 at best too btw.

Aginor2

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderscore13 View Post
Hey Summoners! First off, let me introduce myself: I'm an animator here at Riot and one of my projects was to animate the dragon version of Pix for the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin. I wanted to take a few moments to explain some of our thought process behind making this skin happen.

Originally, this skin was going to be treated similarly to Lulu's other skins with the dragon version of Pix being a very simple character with only few utilitarian animations. However, as we further explored this version of Lulu, the team felt like we were missing an opportunity to breathe life into the character of Pix, which up until this point had a limited animation set. So, in our continuing mission to delight players and raise the quality of our skins, we took the time to really develop Pix into the charming and whimsical being that he was always meant to be. This included adding an entire new animation set to Pix, including attacks, emotes, run variants, and more. I tried to make this version of Pix a fitting companion for Lulu by appropriating some of the silly elements of Lulu's personality that make her so endearing.

This is the first time we’ve taken a secondary pet character in the game and really given it the full treatment. On top of that, the skin received an adorable new model and what are arguably some of the coolest particles in the game. Not only does this skin open up doors for similar treatment on future Lulu skins, but also provides insight into ways we could bring even more personality to other secondary "pet" characters in our game.

After all was said and done, we felt the value it brought to the characters of Lulu and Pix as a whole was above and beyond what players would expect from this skin. On behalf of the skins team, I hope you all enjoy the skin and all the hard work and love we put into it.
Plese ignore all the ragers about the skin good sir you did an beyound amazing job, while most people are complainging that it is to expensive i look at it as it being a legendary skin on sale the stuff you did with this skin simply amazed me and is absolutly one of my favorit skins i own and i own a ton of skinsn to most of the champions ( i own all the champs) when i first saw this skin it warrented instant buy and to be honsest i got more excited about this new skin than i did about about the new champion this skin is marginlaly hier quality than any 975 skin out there and is well worth the RP pic is just frigen fantastic and i personaly was gonig to buy a lulu skin soon anyway. the price is her but idk why people are crying most times i by a 975 thing i pay for a 10 dollar rp card anyway if it was just high enoguth where you would need to put 15 dollars in i would understand, mabey but since i consider this to be a "half" legendary skin i think the price is fair and would have gotten it even if it was legendary sir you are a very good designer and i realy cant wait to see what you pop out in the future

Dudo Criz

11-15-2012

wow this Darius is awesome but, DEAR RIOT pls legendary skin for Malzahar or Katarina.

Enlixerus

11-15-2012

Loved the idea when i heard it when i saw it in the art my attention was grabbed but when i looked at the in game visuals I was slightly disappointed tbh... The animations are awesome not unhappy about that, actually very pleased. As for her her hat...it just looks bad in that colour and design for the theme makes no sense, would have been better with her big hat tilted back with a dragons claw at the tip or something, in a green-ish colour not a paper bag, tree stump colour. Pix is another shock.... Pix= Pixie = Fairy turned into a dragon, I was not fully accepting of this but it did grow on me in the end, just that dish of a mouth on it for size is just down right bizarre. Large hat, hair etc on Lulu yea that was always her thing that made her Pro playing Lulu visually but poor pix didn't need to scoff up the same aspect and lose the small cuteness appeal. Sadly I was really looking forward to a new Lulu skin but this just isn't it this time. Maybe down the road when is goes on sale but it will not replace replace my Wicked Lulu skin by far.

As for Darius, I haven't played him yet, but he looks like a mix between Augmented Singed and Jayce with that look and I love Singed and loved the look idea with him (even though i ended up always playing Surfer Singed but wished for another character with the look augmented singed had) so its interesting to see it cross over. I will most likely buy this character and this skin due to that influence of appeal. Good Job Riot XD

Enlixerus

11-15-2012

O.O I hope there will be a new skin for Varus at some point. Maybe a full body take over of blight crystal like the change in Draven's skin from human to Soul Reaver Draven.

BeastBox

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlixerus View Post
O.O I hope there will be a new skin for Varus at some point. Maybe a full body take over of blight crystal like the change in Draven's skin from human to Soul Reaver Draven.
People have asked for a new Varus skin a few times in this thread. O_o I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/10...her-batch.html

Enlixerus

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
People have asked for a new Varus skin a few times in this thread. O_o I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/10...her-batch.html
Oh awesome now I really cant wait!!! XD ~happy happy~

BeastBox

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlixerus View Post
Oh awesome now I really cant wait!!! XD ~happy happy~
New ult animation; 1350 RP!

Don't worry, they put a LOT of work into it.

D4 Gu1t4r

11-15-2012

The 2 Riot post have a combination of over 900 downvotes, the general public is upset with the new skins for two popular champions...

Guess I'm not the general public, saw Dragon Trainer Lulu...insta buy.

Great job Riot on making an awesome skin!