Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarvan Krislov

11-13-2012

Darius gets a new skin while he takes the fun out of the game for anyone that isn't playing him (not saying that he is OP, but most people think he is just down-right irritating.) :P

I really love the Lulu reference to "How to Train Your Dragon," though!

Supportian

11-13-2012

Unfortunately I also am not going to be purchasing the new LuLu skin. I was excited for it, but 1350 is really costly for me. New animations or not, I appreciate the work Riot put into the skin...but I don't believe it warrants the "almost" legendary skin price.

Remunial

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally, this skin was going to be treated similarly to Lulu's other skins with the dragon version of Pix being a very simple character with only few utilitarian animations. However, as we further explored this version of Lulu, the team felt like we were missing an opportunity to milk players for their money
Lulu is one of my favorite champions in this game. When I saw this skin previewed a few weeks ago I was stoked and I knew I would instabuy this as soon as it was released....However, I refuse to pay 1350 RP for this skin. I remember starting this game almost 3 years ago and all of the skins were just simple recolors. You guys swore that the quality of skins would improve as you gained more support and employees. The quality of skins has grown tremendously, but the price tags are inflating too much for me to continue to support you at the rate I previously was. When PFE released at such a high price tag I knew the normal skin prices would start to slowly rise as well. I think 1350 RP is a fine price tag for skins that are deserving of it, but changing a passive's animation and raising the price ~400 RP is not justifiable in my opinion. As much as I love Lulu and as much as I want this skin, I can't let myself fall victim to this undeserving price inflation. I guess I will have to continue to be happy turning my enemies into cupcakes instead. =D Riot, thank you for improving the quality of your skins (honestly, you have come so far from when I first started playing this game), but my wallet can't handle the inflation of the prices anymore. I was sad when 520 RP skins stopped being released, i'm afraid that 975 RP skins will be next.

Solzan Nemesis

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathLOL View Post
First PFE, now Dragon Trainer Lulu... How high are skin prices going to go?
You do no PFE is a lot more money, right?

I love both skins. I can not wait to get both of them.

KeiChan12

11-13-2012

awww need 120 rp for skin :'( bad luck

DanRileyCG

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
The amount of "effort" required to price a skin at 1350 seems to fluctuate. In no way is this skin worth the same amount as Mecha Khazix just because of some work done on Pix.

Now, if there were a magical shadow of a dragon running around with people with her ult on them, THEN I'd consider it.

But there isn't.
They added a whole set of animations to Pix, a pet character that previously had no distinct animations. Do you have any idea how time consuming animation is? It's not easy. Without that knowledge, who are you to assess the value of anything?

Atalix

11-13-2012

Of ALLLLLLLLL of the awesome Darius ideas, skins and themes...

I personally suggested a Black-Ops type Darius. I have heard of the much-warranted Basketball-Dunk Darius.

And THIS is what you come up with? Singed's little brother?

Darius is my favorite champion ever... but WOW what a disappointment.

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-13-2012

I don't like the idea of 1350 for skins. Either make skins legendary or not. I don't support the idea Riot seems to have of these "Halfway-legendary" skins.

I'm starting to get the feeling this is Riot wanting to ditch 975 so that the sale prices of skins will go to 675 instead of 487. This then forces the sale buyers to pay closer to full price for a 975 skin. Honestly, I'd guess it'd average out to roughly 975 RP per item between the 1350 and 675 points.

This assumes Riot actually puts the 1350 RP skins on sale.

Next these "Half Legendaries" will only be 33% off.

Bailiff

11-13-2012

Was planning on buying lulu skin. Not for 1350 RP though. So idc anymore.

Aradmir

11-13-2012

If you don't like the price but would've been willing to pay for it at 975 RP, just wait for it to go on sale and it'll be (probably) 650.

If you think the skin is ugly, then don't buy it. Its price is based on the amount of work that was put it into it, not your opinion of the final product's aesthetic quality.

They've made it pretty clear that 1350 is not going to be the new standard, and they've given justification for the price. The LoL community is the most paranoid, roller-coastery group of gamers out there. Think before you react.

inb4 a few downvotin haters