Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yumex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorg711 View Post
I like the Dragon Trainer Lulu artwork.

I am not so keen on the actually Dragon Trainer Lulu skin though.

The colouring on the skin looks too drab for Lulu's childish personality.

The hair and hat colour meshes too much together. Too much brown colour in Lulu's hat. The hair needs to be light pink not a dark reddish colour.
Dislike this immensely. I originally wanted the skin for the hair color change. I did not like the purpleish hair of her other skins. I think her hair could use some vibrance (a bright red perhaps the color of fire - dragon breath). I think even changing her eyes to a light green or bright blue instead of this dull brown would make her more interesting. Her current in game model is just not worth 1350 RP. Nuff said.

HigurashiDragon

11-14-2012

I dont see what the problem is, really guys. When you get $10 of RP, you get 1380 points. This seems to be more of a tactic to get you to commit 10 bucks rather than squeeze money out of you.

BRBTableFlippin

11-14-2012

cool

Ultraflash

11-14-2012

I thought riot was trying to raise the bar on their skins... It was the reason they were only releasing one skin with new champions now. The entire point of making better skins is so that more people will WANT to buy them. It should not be a reason to jack up the price like the Kha'zix skin. Speaking of quality, that bioforge skin looks like an old release skin. Poor quality.

Technokiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Gosh thats a bad DARIUS! So long waiting for a really nice skin and they come with this? Cmon, a hextech darius would do the job but not this glowing singed-like thing.

Dinaila

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderscore13 View Post
Hey Summoners! First off, let me introduce myself: I'm an animator here at Riot and one of my projects was to animate the dragon version of Pix for the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin. I wanted to take a few moments to explain some of our thought process behind making this skin happen.

Originally, this skin was going to be treated similarly to Lulu's other skins with the dragon version of Pix being a very simple character with only few utilitarian animations. However, as we further explored this version of Lulu, the team felt like we were missing an opportunity to breathe life into the character of Pix, which up until this point had a limited animation set. So, in our continuing mission to delight players and raise the quality of our skins, we took the time to really develop Pix into the charming and whimsical being that he was always meant to be. This included adding an entire new animation set to Pix, including attacks, emotes, run variants, and more. I tried to make this version of Pix a fitting companion for Lulu by appropriating some of the silly elements of Lulu's personality that make her so endearing.

This is the first time we’ve taken a secondary pet character in the game and really given it the full treatment. On top of that, the skin received an adorable new model and what are arguably some of the coolest particles in the game. Not only does this skin open up doors for similar treatment on future Lulu skins, but also provides insight into ways we could bring even more personality to other secondary "pet" characters in our game.

After all was said and done, we felt the value it brought to the characters of Lulu and Pix as a whole was above and beyond what players would expect from this skin. On behalf of the skins team, I hope you all enjoy the skin and all the hard work and love we put into it.
Sir I like how you changed pix into a retarded dragon, and put alil sparkle in her abilities. BUT I dont blame you for the crazy price there trying to sell her for. Just keep on making better skins in the future and hopefully one day i might pay for a skin worth 1350!

Zero Dark Thirty

11-14-2012

I don't know what's more offensive; Riot trying to gouge us for making slightly better skins, which they should have been doing in the first place...Or the fact that they decided to release this TERRIBLE Darius skin when they still have not released Norse King Darius.

Para

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockemSockem84 View Post
I understand your thought process here, RIOT probably thought the same thing. The problem is that people won't overpay for "a lot of work." It comes down to finished product, and a matter of principal.
The message sent by this skin release is that in order to get a quality product I have to over pay.
I personally won't stand for this steep inflation of prices. The prices will only stop going up when we refuse to pay them.
How is it overpaying when you are getting more quality than a 975 RP skin?

Zastie

11-14-2012

See what happened when you guys went ahead and bought that Kha'Zix skin?

Riot said it was a test to see if the skins were worth it to people and they'd make more@that price if it were a big hit, and you guys bought it like crazy. And here we all are now, and now everyones complaning and I doubt Riot is gonna stop making 1350RP skins now..

NJ -_-

Kiggles

11-14-2012

The reason for the 1350 rp Lulu skin, and Kha Zix skin is that in my opinion the completely new ability animations, such as the fire effects on Lulu's new skin, or the missile effects on Kha Zix's, make the skin a little more then your regular 520 or 975 rp skin. These skins also don't feature an improved dialogue making them a little less then the rp worth of a legendary skin.