Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TTTintillo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairys View Post
As we know Riot likes concrete numbers more than actual posts.
So why don't we just make another poll-thread to show them numerically (in an easy-to-read way) how we feel about the 1350 dealio.

Seems like an easy win-win.
Here it is

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2796569

Ayyk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

see, the thing is, players are not cheap, we spend hundreds o dollars buying virtual cosmetic makeovers....but we want to feel as if we are getting our moneys worth

when i first saw zombie brand i knew it was a 1850, and not many complaints were made in the community either.

when skins like black thorn morgana, frostblade irelia etc, ppl were so happy to see the improved quality on the 975s, so many ppl bought those skins on full price

but this skin, and mecha kazhix, (this looks wrong, couldnt be bothered to check the spelling), when we look at it with out looking at the price tag, we dont expect it to be more than 975, so thats where the hates are coming from

NOT ITS TOO EXPENSIVE, BUT WE FEEL THAT ITS NOT WORTH IT

Slater

11-13-2012

New darius skin is so terrible looking. You dropped the ball on that one guys :/

KÚnneth

11-13-2012

Augmented darius

PodunkTheMighty

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetroneaque View Post
It's funny how many people in just this thread said they wanted that Lulu skin but then went 'Screw that overpricing BS!' once they saw the price on it and now won't be buying it. Heck if it was just a normal 975 they'd have sold probably more than twice the amount they're selling now, thus making more overall. It's pretty obvious that Riot's marketting department just got greedy and decided to screw the customers over, same as they did with renting ward skins.
Actually I remember the E-commerce director saying that skins are the one area marketing doesn't control, the skin team does. That always struck me as seriously odd. I mean, on one hand they know how much work went into it firsthand, but they're the last ones who could be impartial about assigning value to the finished product.

hfok

Recruiter

11-13-2012

Sigh.... I'm not happy with the new 1350RP mark, just throwing it out there

Tetroneaque

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodunkTheMighty View Post
Actually I remember the E-commerce director saying that skins are the one area marketing doesn't control, the skin team does. That always struck me as seriously odd. I mean, on one hand they know how much work went into it firsthand, but they're the last ones who could be impartial about assigning value to the finished product.
Really? I thought I read some red posts talking about the skins team didn't have any power over what the marketing decided to price the skins at...

RaptorJebus34

11-13-2012

I agree with most of the downvoted comments... but if there's a reason for the price of this skin, it's that a lot of work was put into it... Although, not in the way that Riot's customers find impressive enough
I like that Riot isn't afraid of trying something new. They aren't afraid of their community throwing a fit over their content. That's good. It's how you are able to figure out what people really like. Riot and their community might get lucky and come up with something groundbreaking (like Dominion or uhh... the new TT map design?... but apparently, pets with their own special features aren't popular... at all.
Effort = More Rp... It's just the overall result of that effort that was disappointing.

Yoshiro

11-13-2012

too much money...
For the amount of new content they put out, too much!!!
figure I bought a chest full of games the amount I spent on LOL.

Corwynt

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
As a hardcore Lulu player I WAS going to purchase this skin.

However, I'm not going to contribute to 1350 being the new price for skins.

Sorry.
My thoughts exactly. How is this even a legendary?