Dragon Trainer Lulu and Bioforge Darius

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malkshakevanilla

11-13-2012

Sorry Riot but I (and a lot of other players) are not going to pay your ridiculous prices for just one skin. There's not even a champion that costs that much RP. I'm not sure why you raised the price of this skin, but I'm sure your not going to get as many buys as if the price was 975 RP. Did you think this over Riot? I'm sure that you would make a lot more (real) money by dropping the price down to 975 RP.

Yasuchika

11-13-2012

Add a PR post to justify the additional cost of a skin, and off we go.

I'm not liking this trend, and I won't support it.

PresBarackbar

11-13-2012

Yeah...if Riot keeps going in this direction of charging more for skins that take some effort to do, I might be done buying skins.

Jade Skull

11-13-2012

Darius skin *is better than the Lulu one lol.

Squeezoid

11-13-2012

darius skin sucks...

and lulu.... well.. i love lulu she was an instant bundle buy, i love her, and when i heard about a dragon lulu i was OMGGGGG NEEDDD!!.. then i play with it and saw the dragon pix.. and it was sooo ugly its like half hipo/lizard, but was ok....she still cute..then i saw the transformation... the hipo/lizard in half egg...hate it, but OK... she still cute, no new sounds, same things but ill but it...

now i see the new price.. and you know... screw you riot.. the skin sucks and the price sucks.. i dont care if u spend 3 years making pix running animation but that not worth 1300+RP....

always talking about the bar and how you try to raise it and make better things, well this is not one of those high quality things, but is another grab money from our pokets and make stupid escuses...

pomgrenade

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderscore13 View Post
Hey Summoners! First off, let me introduce myself: I'm an animator here at Riot and one of my projects was to animate the dragon version of Pix for the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin. I wanted to take a few moments to explain some of our thought process behind making this skin happen.

Originally, this skin was going to be treated similarly to Lulu's other skins with the dragon version of Pix being a very simple character with only few utilitarian animations. However, as we further explored this version of Lulu, the team felt like we were missing an opportunity to breathe life into the character of Pix, which up until this point had a limited animation set. So, in our continuing mission to delight players and raise the quality of our skins, we took the time to really develop Pix into the charming and whimsical being that he was always meant to be. This included adding an entire new animation set to Pix, including attacks, emotes, run variants, and more. I tried to make this version of Pix a fitting companion for Lulu by appropriating some of the silly elements of Lulu's personality that make her so endearing.

This is the first time we’ve taken a secondary pet character in the game and really given it the full treatment. On top of that, the skin received an adorable new model and what are arguably some of the coolest particles in the game. Not only does this skin open up doors for similar treatment on future Lulu skins, but also provides insight into ways we could bring even more personality to other secondary "pet" characters in our game.

After all was said and done, we felt the value it brought to the characters of Lulu and Pix as a whole was above and beyond what players would expect from this skin. On behalf of the skins team, I hope you all enjoy the skin and all the hard work and love we put into it.
While I love the fact you guys have added another Lulu skin and one with such lovely particles and Pix animations, I'm not very fond of it. I can understand the playful nature/theme of the skin but it doesn't match.

Lulu looks far too girly - not mischievous or playful at all - just simple and princess-y. And Pix is large and... kinda derpy looking, which isn't entirely bad if Lulu didn't look so serious. If the model was more loyal to the splash art, I would reconsider but as it is, Lulu's model doesn't look like Lulu (too sweet looking!) and Pix is rather large and distracting.

I might consider purchase when it goes on sale.

ObsidianStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Disappointed, Darius skin looks like it's a low quality custom skin and the Lulu skin was interesting up until that price tag.

Emperor Lelouch

11-13-2012

i would buy darius skin in a sec if he had a bane mask, and maybe looked bigger, but still cool skin would buy eventually

Miirkat

11-13-2012

http://youtu.be/qhxUgcH63Xs

Funny how their spotlight for this Lulu skin has a 50/50 positive/negative vote while every other video on their channel is well in the high 90% of approval.

The community has spoken.

Pissy Willy

11-13-2012

ahahah this is so ****, nice **** up riot.