Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elo Boosting - Not punished at all apparently.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS18a91d7ad2488507ec964

11-26-2012

Quote:
Kades:
But to be 100% clear, using a service or hiring someone else to play your account (whether to boost your rating or not) is not ok and is a bannable offense.

Good thing I live in the EU, where such bull**** practice is forbidden by law and I can do whatever I want with my digital goods.

Spiritside

11-26-2012

Can we report people in this thread? I know 100% that this person was Elo boosted (played with the person boosting them, unfortunately, two games in a row). Was interesting to catch them early on in the boost, because I could look at their ranked stats before and after. Before the person was boosted, he/she basically only played Orianna (poorly), and had almost no other champions played. During and after, the person absolutely crushed with 9/10 games being AD carry, Trist, Vayne, and one more that I don't remember.

This person was also (maybe still is) in a ranked team with a 2.2k+ AD carry player who played a lot of the same AD carries. It's kind of funny to watch, because this guy is playing a lot of ranked games as mids, especially Orianna again, and now has a negative win/loss for S3, after basically winning 90% of games up to plat in S2 with AD carries.

As far as I know... he's still not punished. I don't want to reveal the name unless Riot says it's ok though =/.

And it was K

11-26-2012

So, how about that Hafu. I guess elo boosting is wrong, except when she does it, right?

George MichaeI

11-26-2012

Quote:
And it was K:
So, how about that Hafu. I guess elo boosting is wrong, except when she does it, right?

Favoritism cause of esports history...

George MichaeI

11-26-2012

Quote:
mojodarkale:
Can we report people in this thread? I know 100% that this person was Elo boosted (played with the person boosting them, unfortunately, two games in a row). Was interesting to catch them early on in the boost, because I could look at their ranked stats before and after. Before the person was boosted, he/she basically only played Orianna (poorly), and had almost no other champions played. During and after, the person absolutely crushed with 9/10 games being AD carry, Trist, Vayne, and one more that I don't remember.

This person was also (maybe still is) in a ranked team with a 2.2k+ AD carry player who played a lot of the same AD carries. It's kind of funny to watch, because this guy is playing a lot of ranked games as mids, especially Orianna again, and now has a negative win/loss for S3, after basically winning 90% of games up to plat in S2 with AD carries.

As far as I know... he's still not punished. I don't want to reveal the name unless Riot says it's ok though =/.

Put in a support ticket and hope it works out. But don't expect it to, I have yet to hear of any low profile cases happening, and usually someone would have complained somewhere by now about it if riot had taken action vs them.

Supermegalol

11-28-2012

http://sv.twitch.tv/itshafu

Here Riot, go look how she plays ranked on one of her moderators acounts on EUW, uve been given so much evidence on this hoebag, still ur doing nothing about it.

So far shes been boosting it from unranked to 1600, this must mean eloboosting is legit.

George MichaeI

11-28-2012

Quote:
Supermegalol:
http://sv.twitch.tv/itshafu

Here Riot, go look how she plays ranked on one of her moderators acounts on EUW, uve been given so much evidence on this hoebag, still ur doing nothing about it.

So far shes been boosting it from unranked to 1600, this must mean eloboosting is legit.

Wow, why does riot let her get away with this... this is ridiculous and so blatant.

Bi11ionair

12-28-2012

God damn you children are **** who gives a **** if they got boosted?

KillaOrigins

03-28-2013

Quote:
George MichaeI:
Let's keep this on the radar.

Some possible issues I could see riot having to deal with.

Anyone they find guilty, they should reset them to their old elo before the boosting AND THEN compress it for the new season, a reset without a compress may not even hinder them that much.

Are you seriously this stupid? How would you know when it started. You have no idea whether the boosting happened for 1 game or maybe 5. You can't basically reset their elo. That is unfair. As for this matter Who cares if they get boosted to a certain elo. They'll just get their ass kicked and put where they should. For their team Sucks to suck.

무정한 소라

03-28-2013

Athene is still free